Dodgers FAIL! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dodgers FAIL!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Dodgers FAIL!

Postby wrveres » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:25 am

cs3 wrote:
wrveres wrote:but you are not right.clearly this women, no matter what you think of her, and your opinion of her is pretty clear, deserves half of their martial assets. They built their wealth together. This is not Anna Nicole Smith banging some old guy for cash. This is a husband and wife, legally separating, and she is entitled to 1/2 the marital assets cus they built those assets together.
huh? who is "this women" you are talking about? i never mentioned anything about a specific case.
lol.
SpecialFNK wrote:Dodgers filling for bankruptcy. I kind of feel sorry for McCourt, but then I admit I don't know the entire story/situation. I wouldn't be surprised if his wife/ex wife will make out pretty damn good, these bitches always do. it's a shame really that when couples get divorced the woman gets half the man's stuff.
cs3 wrote:it might sound bad but i agree with FNK. its not ignorant at all. in many cases its pretty much true.
then of course you went on some tangent telling the world to prove you wrong. Which i'll just go ahead and pass on. You research it. Its apparent you havent.

it did crack me up though that you tried to pretend you didn't know "what woman" we are talking about here ... :-D
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 761)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cs3 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:33 am

wrveres wrote:
bleach168 wrote:Still getting my head wrapped around this. So Selig rejected the Fox deal which was worth 3 billion over 17 years. That's 176m a year for a franchise that is worth about 800m. Even taking inflation into account, that sounds like a pretty good deal for the Dodgers given their valuation. Yet Selig says it's a bad deal and I believe him.

This leads me to believe that the Dodgers are actually worth a lot more than 800m.
i believe the reason Selig nixed the deal, was because a large portion of that loan was going to be a personal loan. i could be wrong.

that is the biggest reason. the fear is that even with the Fox deal the Dodgers would be in the exact same situation they are today in a couple years, only with even more of the value stripped out of the club
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bleach168 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:59 am

So I'm reading the latest Passan article and he says Bud Selig is at much to blame as anyone else. He could have picked Eli Broad to be the Dodger's owner, like the Mayor of L.A. wanted, but he went with McCourt instead. Broad was worth 3.8 billion at the time. Today, he is worth 5.8 billion.

Ooops.

edit, also found this from a 2004 article,

L.A. Mayor James Hahn confirmed Broad's proposal, saying that he had urged Broad to step forward "amid concerns from baseball officials and fans that McCourt might be stretched too thin financially to field a highly competitive ballclub."

Rich Hammond cited a source as saying of McCourt, "I'd give him three years before he has to sell the team. He will either realize he can't do it, or he just won't be able to make payroll."
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby cs3 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:45 am

wrveres wrote:it did crack me up though that you tried to pretend you didn't know "what woman" we are talking about here ... :-D

point is that i wasnt the one who brought Jamie or any of the McCourts, and i dont why you continue to make it seem like i did... clearly you misread or are just being stubborn as usual. i merely commented on the fact that divorce settlements in general are, on average, not financially fair. monetarily, they benefit the woman a vast majority of the time. do you you deny that claim?

finances and divorce in general...
wasnt talking about McCourts specifically, never referred to either of them, and never made any claims about morality or length of marriage etc etc.
yet you said my "opinion of her is pretty clear".
wat
that stuff is all fabricated by you :-?

also:
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wrveres » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:31 am

bleach168 wrote:So I'm reading the latest Passan article and he says Bud Selig is at much to blame as anyone else. He could have picked Eli Broad to be the Dodger's owner, like the Mayor of L.A. wanted, but he went with McCourt instead. Broad was worth 3.8 billion at the time. Today, he is worth 5.8 billion.

Ooops.

edit, also found this from a 2004 article,

L.A. Mayor James Hahn confirmed Broad's proposal, saying that he had urged Broad to step forward "amid concerns from baseball officials and fans that McCourt might be stretched too thin financially to field a highly competitive ballclub."

Rich Hammond cited a source as saying of McCourt, "I'd give him three years before he has to sell the team. He will either realize he can't do it, or he just won't be able to make payroll."
brilliant.
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Prospect Alert: Dodgers call up Chapter!

Postby thejusman1 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:57 am

cs3 wrote:After much deliberation the Dodgers finally made the the long anticipated call:

I really want to buy this shirt.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Re: Prospect Alert: Dodgers call up Chapter!

Postby neoforce » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:14 pm

thejusman1 wrote:
cs3 wrote:After much deliberation the Dodgers finally made the the long anticipated call:

I really want to buy this shirt.

Go to http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3416836, click custom, put in the custom name: "Chapter" and pick any number and you get this message:
Your current entry cannot be processed. Language deemed inappropriate, derogatory, or profane will not be accepted. Please create a new entry.

However, you can put "inchapter" as one word and it works.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:36 pm

^ That was the msg I got when I tried to make a Ron Mexico Falcons jersey like 6-7 years ago.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 361)

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:00 pm

bigh0rt wrote:^ That was the msg I got when I tried to make a Ron Mexico Falcons jersey like 6-7 years ago.

inron mexico sounds worse to me :*) :-b
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby wrveres » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:09 am

This past winter, the Dodgers spent nearly $58 million to sign and retain free agents — mostly mediocre thirtysomethings. They owe Matt Guerrier and Juan Uribe a combined $33 million through 2013. (They owe Marquis Grissom — who hasn’t played for the Dodgers since 2002 or for anyone since 2005 — a shade more than $2.7 million, but that’s another story.) The trouble is that Guerrier (4.10 ERA, 4.70 SIERA) has given no indication that he can help a contender down the stretch. Neither has Uribe (.207/.273/.306, .209 TAv), which means that whomever rescues Los Angeles from the McCourts will continue to “benefit” from their services for the next couple of years.
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers