Dodgers FAIL! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dodgers FAIL!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Dodgers FAIL!

Postby rjforlife » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:59 am

cs3 wrote:
He is actually in the proper majority, which is why the laws are the way they are to begin with.
in reality there is not much causality there at all but i guess it doesnt matter...
Pretty fitting that this is the "fail" thread

I understand that laws are not strictly based on popular opinion, but in general I think laws are commonly accepted by most Americans. If the laws on divorce were such an abomination, they likely would not have been enacted in the first place, and they certainly would have been under more scrutiny than just a few dudes on a baseball forum. Popular opinion doesn't create laws, but if you think it doesn't strongly influence them, I disagree. Whatever. Dodgers fail, McCourt fails, Kemp wins. It's the story of the 2011 season.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cs3 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:07 am

man thats a lot of words to say "ya youre right" :-D

now lets talk about some more Dodgers fail!
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wrveres » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:38 am

but you are not right.

clearly this women, no matter what you think of her, and your opinion of her is pretty clear, deserves half of their martial assets. They built their wealth together. This is not Anna Nicole Smith banging some old guy for cash. This is a husband and wife, legally separating, and she is entitled to 1/2 the marital assets cus they built those assets together.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 720)

Re: Prospect Alert: Dodgers call up Chapter!

Postby wrveres » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:41 am

we have a thread for this
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby rjforlife » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:56 am

cs3 wrote:man thats a lot of words to say "ya youre right" :-D

now lets talk about some more Dodgers fail!

You totally misread my post I guess. See what WR said, he has it correct as well.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)

Postby cs3 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:06 pm

wrveres wrote:but you are not right.

clearly this women, no matter what you think of her, and your opinion of her is pretty clear, deserves half of their martial assets. They built their wealth together. This is not Anna Nicole Smith banging some old guy for cash. This is a husband and wife, legally separating, and she is entitled to 1/2 the marital assets cus they built those assets together.

huh? who is "this women" you are talking about? i never mentioned anything about a specific case.
and i never even referred to ANY specific women in particular.... maybe u got me confused with someone else?

btw... LOL
Dodgers closer Jonathan Broxton shut down again

MINNEAPOLIS (AP)—The Los Angeles Dodgers have again shut down closer Jonathan Broxton(notes) because of a bone bruise in his right elbow.

Broxton underwent another MRI on Monday which showed that the bruise still hasn’t fully healed, and Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said he would rest for three weeks before returning to his rehab program.
LOS ANGELES, CA - MAY 02: Closer Jonathan Broxton #51 of the Los Angeles Dodgers throws a pitch in the ninth inning against the Chicago Cubs on May 2, 2011 at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, California. Broxton picked up the save as the Dodgers won 5-2.
Broxton appeared in two games for Triple-A Albuquerque last week but was shut down this weekend after complaining of soreness. He had allowed one run and struck out five while pitching one inning in each appearance for the Isotopes.

“You get out there on the field and there’s another gear,” Mattingly said. “Obviously when he got to that, that’s when he felt it again. He didn’t feel it at the time, but it obviously irritated it to the point it came back.”
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby thejusman1 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:20 pm

wrveres wrote:but you are not right.

Then she is entitled to half the debt as well, but you don't hear her in the midst of any financial trouble. The legal system is entirely agreeable to the notion of splitting all the assets in half, and then forcing Frank to pay off their jointly-accrued loans/mortgages/debt with his half alone. The system is rotten to the core.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby cs3 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:40 am

AHAHHAHAHAA McCourt is such an idiot.
Even as a Giants fan i feel sorry for Dodgers fans.. well almost.

Frank McCourt Takes Another Bad Loan

by Dave Cameron - June 28, 2011

When Frank McCourt filed for bankruptcy, he also acquired a $150 million loan to cover his immediate expenses, but since he’s broke and has bled the Dodgers dry, the only way he could come up with a big loan on short notice was to pay through the nose. Specifically, McCourt went to a subsidiary of J.P. Morgan who offered to give him the money in exchange for an interest rate of at least 10 percent along with a $4.5 million fee to secure the loan in the first place....
MORE:
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.ph ... -bad-loan/
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bleach168 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:50 am

Still getting my head wrapped around this. So Selig rejected the Fox deal which was worth 3 billion over 17 years. That's 176m a year for a franchise that is worth about 800m. Even taking inflation into account, that sounds like a pretty good deal for the Dodgers given their valuation. Yet Selig says it's a bad deal and I believe him.

This leads me to believe that the Dodgers are actually worth a lot more than 800m.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby wrveres » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:16 am

bleach168 wrote:Still getting my head wrapped around this. So Selig rejected the Fox deal which was worth 3 billion over 17 years. That's 176m a year for a franchise that is worth about 800m. Even taking inflation into account, that sounds like a pretty good deal for the Dodgers given their valuation. Yet Selig says it's a bad deal and I believe him.

This leads me to believe that the Dodgers are actually worth a lot more than 800m.
i believe the reason Selig nixed the deal, was because a large portion of that loan was going to be a personal loan. i could be wrong.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers