Dodgers FAIL! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dodgers FAIL!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Dodgers FAIL!

Postby B-Chad » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:50 pm

I'm rooting for this to surpass Mets FAIL! A daunting task no doubt, but you can do this Dodgers!
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:46 pm

Los Angeles Dodgers owner Frank McCourt is not expected to start dumping high-priced players or making trades to unload money in order to make payroll by June 30
nope, he'll let Selig's men do the dirty work on July 1. This guy could go down as one of the scummiest owners of all time. I really wish they would have let him buy the Red Sox when he tried.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:25 am

So not only has Selig turned down the Fox deal, messing with the divorce settlement :-b , the Dodgers are about to fail to make payroll and be seized by MLB for sale?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/06/dodgers-notes-mccourt-selig-cuban.html

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said on TMZ that he would have interest in buying the Dodgers under the right circumstances. But Cuban suggests it could be a while - maybe 20 years - before the Dodgers are on the right track again. “It's just such a mess, right,” Cuban said. “I can’t imagine that it’s not going to be such a mess that it’s going to make it hard to turn around.”
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby wrveres » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:42 am

20 years? how in debt are they?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:50 am

Unfortunately the ol' boys club will never let Cubes own an MLB team... talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby wrveres » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:23 am

WSJ Whoa. Everyone’s least favorite troubled baseball team, the Los Angeles Dodgers, just filed for bankruptcy protection, as Deal Journal colleague Matt Futterman is reporting.

CLICK HERE to read the Dodgers bankruptcy court filing.

The best part of the filing is the list of people to whom the Dodgers owe money — including retired slugger Manny Ramirez. The Dodgers say they owe Ramirez $21 million. Vin Scully, the beloved longtime baseball announcer, is owed about $153,000, according to the bankruptcy filing.

The bare bones document — we should have more in the next day or so — estimates the Dodgers assets at $500 million to $1 billion, and lists its estimated liabilities at $0 to $50,000. As Futterman is reporting, the Dodgers are filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection to keep the team out of the hands of Major League Baseball.
:-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:33 am

Dodgers filling for bankruptcy.
The Dodgers have filed for bankruptcy.
Frank McCourt is doing all he can to prevent Major League Baseball from taking over the Dodgers, and the bankruptcy filing might buy him a couple of days. But the fact is he cannot meet payroll, and that alone should be reason enough for Bud Selig and MLB to step in and seize control. McCourt will eventually be pushed out. It's an ugly mess with the trade deadline fast approaching.

I kind of feel sorry for McCourt, but then I admit I don't know the entire story/situation. I wouldn't be surprised if his wife/ex wife will make out pretty damn good, these bitches always do. it's a shame really that when couples get divorced the woman gets half the man's stuff.

if MLB takes over the Dodgers, how does that work for trades? what type of effect will it have on the Dodgers this season if any? the on field baseball really shouldn't change?
I currently own 3 of the Dodgers starting pitchers, Kershaw/Billingsley/Kuroda.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Postby wrveres » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:54 am

SpecialFNK wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if his wife/ex wife will make out pretty damn good, these bitches always do. it's a shame really that when couples get divorced the woman gets half the man's stuff.
they've been married for 30 plus years. Actually, they have been together for their entire adult life .. :-o
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby thejusman1 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:36 pm

While I do agree that Jamie is a bitch for going after half the ownership of the Dodgers, of which she has a dubious claim to, I can't fault her for it. California common law is so liberal that they'll gladly shake-down the man in a divorce to better provide for the woman. The judge basically threw out Frank's pre-nuptial agreements and enforced CA common law... there's really nothing you can do about that.

The thing I can't forgive Frank for is the fact that he's so heavily leveraged that he can't even meet payroll. Frank is not rich. He owns a lot of property which has lost tons of value, and most of it is going to his ex-wife. He's so financially unstable right now that he needs the FOX deal to take hundreds of millions off of it to pay off his own personal things - divorce settlement, legal fees, back-taxes. Needless to say, that is not good for the Dodgers, not good for baseball, and Frank really ought to just leave. I will not attend another game or buy another piece of Dodgers merchandise until the team has another owner, even if that owner is Bud Selig.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby thedude » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:33 pm

Different MLB teams filing for bankruptcy in back-to-back years? I hope major league baseball does better due diligence on incoming owners in the future.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers