Callups you are waiting to pounce on (or already did) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Callups you are waiting to pounce on (or already did)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Callups you are waiting to pounce on (or already did)

Postby j24jags » Sun May 22, 2011 10:31 pm

Padsin05 wrote:
BigLebowski wrote:
J35J wrote:I'd be surprised if Moose and Jennings weren't up within 2 weeks. I don't see the love for Ackley though, he'll be a fine major league player but I don't see a ton of value for fantasy purposes...kinda reminds of Polanco in terms of fantasy value. :-?

I completely agree. Ackley love is misplaced. He's a guy I'd use to fill in for injured players and depth, but nobody I'd have on my sleeper list.

3rd'd (is that even a word)

Ackley peaks out as a .280 10-10 imo, which has no place even in deep mixed leagues, playing in Safeco, will decrease his numbers, and his run production will be limited.

FWIW Blanks will be up before Rizzo. There is absolutely no point in the Padres starting Rizzo's clock at all this year imo. It just speeds up the process that he will be traded back to Boston

I think his ceiling is a little higher than that. I think he's capable of .280/15/15 which does have a place at 2B in plenty of deep leagues. Not saying he'll have value in a 10-team league...
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Mon May 23, 2011 8:30 am

j24jags wrote:
Padsin05 wrote:
BigLebowski wrote:

I completely agree. Ackley love is misplaced. He's a guy I'd use to fill in for injured players and depth, but nobody I'd have on my sleeper list.

3rd'd (is that even a word)

Ackley peaks out as a .280 10-10 imo, which has no place even in deep mixed leagues, playing in Safeco, will decrease his numbers, and his run production will be limited.

FWIW Blanks will be up before Rizzo. There is absolutely no point in the Padres starting Rizzo's clock at all this year imo. It just speeds up the process that he will be traded back to Boston

I think his ceiling is a little higher than that. I think he's capable of .280/15/15 which does have a place at 2B in plenty of deep leagues. Not saying he'll have value in a 10-team league...

Hhmm....I think his real value/ceiling lies in a potential .310-.320 avg...not so much what his HR/SB are because those will be pretty limited. But for this year, yeah a .270-.280avg is a safer bet.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby Nerfherders » Mon May 23, 2011 4:35 pm

Rizzo is on waivers in my 20-team keeper. He must have just been added to ESPN leagues. I have the #1 waiver pick. Do I:
1. take him today to stash on my bench,
2. wait and hope he becomes an FA tomorrow,
3. or wait until the prospect draft on July 13th, at which point he probably will have been picked up?
Nerfherders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Padsin05 » Mon May 23, 2011 5:41 pm

fyi, Padres have called up a prospect. Its not Rizzo or Blanks, nor Decker. Its

Blake Tekotte from the U. NL only leaguers should add him if you need steals, hes a ++centerfielder, and has 14 sb/2cs in AA. I dont think hes being called up to be an extra, since he wasnt on the 40 man roster, I think he will replace Venable, and should be able to at least produce similar numbers. Another possibility is that Maybin is hurt more then led on, and he will be the starting CF.

if he hits and gets on base, which his track record shows, he should eventually develop into a Victorino-lite. .270 15 hrs 30 sb's is where I would project him with a full time gig in 2012.

kid is a definate gamer, out of the Eric Owens, Eric Byrnes, Jim Edmonds, leave everything out there on the field.
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)

Postby wrveres » Mon May 23, 2011 5:48 pm

could be a trade showcase too.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby Padsin05 » Mon May 23, 2011 5:51 pm

wrveres wrote:could be a trade showcase too.

I hope not, Blake is the type of player SD needs, im tired of all the bitchers, Venable the latest. I dont see us showcasing Blake to trade him, more to find out if he can be a everyday player at this level. Its not like we are in the market to add a player at the deadline.

Blanks should soon follow to replace Cantu, his bat is useless, and Gonzalez can at least play some D when headley/bartlett/Odog need a day off
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)

Postby wingman3110 » Mon May 23, 2011 6:40 pm

Man Jennings and Lawrie are bothing sitting in free agency in my 14 team keeper but I just dont want to add them quite yet without a for sure ETA. We only keep 6 so neither will probably be kept on my team but I sure as hell could use them for trade bait ;-D
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 122)

Postby hett2333 » Mon May 23, 2011 10:30 pm

Brett Lawrie...another!
hett2333
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DaSh 1s » Mon May 23, 2011 11:46 pm

Does Aaron Hill have a leash?
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby thecrownjewels » Tue May 24, 2011 2:30 am

Might we see Lawrie at the Rogers Centre when they open up a 4 game series with the White Sox on Thursday? Dude is on fire right now and you know how organizations love to get that attendance bump....purely speculation on my part, but after reading between the lines of some quotes by the Jays GM and the fact that a number of teams have been ignoring the Super 2 implications, I'd bet we see him this weekend. Again, just a guess. Regardless, it won't be long now, so I'd grab him immediately if you need the help.
thecrownjewels
College Coach
College Coach

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers