Return to Who to Start/Bench

Jeter or Lowrie? Help Please

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jeter or Lowrie? Help Please

Postby sigriffey » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:02 pm

Do you start Jeter vs. Drabek @ Tor
or
Lowrie vs. B.Anderson @Oak

OR do you play Jeter and bench Beckham (3 for 5 lifetime vs. James Shields) to play Lowrie at 2B?

I don't know for sure whether Lowrie will be in the lineup, but he has been hot so I bet Tito plays him. Thoughts?
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jeter or Lowrie? Help Please

Postby mixmastamikal » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:17 pm

I would say you gotta play Lowrie because he is so hot right now but its not a sure thing he will get a start tonight. ( I would wager that he does however) Another thing to look at is that Brett Anderson has been stellar against the Sox in the past so this could affect his ability to get ABs/runs/rbis etc. Kyle Drabek has limited experience against the Yankees and could get rocked. Also if you look at Jeter over the last 5 games he has a run and at least one hit in 4 of the last five games so might be finding his groove a little bit. I would go jeter if i had him, I dont however so Lowrie will be in my lineup.
Streamers

**Coming Soon**
mixmastamikal
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 13)

Postby timaxman » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:30 pm

You have to go lowrie. I'm not a big fan of past statistics, since each year is so different, and trends are meant to be broken. Drabek might get rocked by the yanks, might not, but even if he does get knocked around it won't be jeter doing it. While I doubt the sox will tag on 8 runs on anderson, you gotta start berkman/lowrie imo.
Fantasy Baseball focused twitter! http://www.twitter.com/arv3403 Happy to answer questions/give advice, just send a tweet!
timaxman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mixmastamikal » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:35 pm

Yeah def. berkman if you have him but i think he was saying gordon beckham, but looking at him i would bench beckham against shields for Lowrie. With this said I am by no means a jeter fan i advised a friend against picking him as i saw him far overvalued. I waited till the 11th round and got starlin castro and am not regretting it yet.
Streamers

**Coming Soon**
mixmastamikal
College Coach
College Coach

Postby timaxman » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:56 pm

mixmastamikal wrote:Yeah def. berkman if you have him but i think he was saying gordon beckham, but looking at him i would bench beckham against shields for Lowrie. With this said I am by no means a jeter fan i advised a friend against picking him as i saw him far overvalued. I waited till the 11th round and got starlin castro and am not regretting it yet.

I should really read more closely lol.
Fantasy Baseball focused twitter! http://www.twitter.com/arv3403 Happy to answer questions/give advice, just send a tweet!
timaxman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mixmastamikal » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:00 am

Like i said Brett Anderson Is just lights out against the Redsox for some reason..............
Streamers

**Coming Soon**
mixmastamikal
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Who to Start/Bench