Team Overrated? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Team Overrated?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Team Overrated?

Postby teezy33 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:42 pm

Shallow (8 team) mixed league that counts R, H, AVG, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, as well as IP, W, L, CG, S, HRA, BBA,K, ERA, WHIP

C - Carlos Santana
1B - Adrian Gonzalez
2B - Brandon Phillips
3B - Kevin Youkilis
SS - Alexi Ramirez
OF - Carlos Gonzalez
OF - Andre Ethier
OF - Colby Rasmus
UTIL - Torii Hunter
BN - Vlad Gurrero
BN - Juan Pierre
BN - Brian Robrts

SP - Ubaldo Jimenez
SP - Justin Verlander
RP - Neftali Feliz
RP - Jordan Walden
P - Sean Burnett
P - Roy Oswalt
P - Shaun Marcum
BN - Ricky Romero
BN - Jonathan Sanchez
BN - C.J. Wilson
DL - David Aardsma

Here's a couple of players I'm eyeing on the waiver wire...

OF - Curtis Granderson, Jose Tabata
MI - Jed Lowrie, Jonathan Herrera
SP - Narveson, Drabek, Hellickson, McClellan, Oguado, Pineda, Holland, Harrison, Masterson, Shields

Biggest thing for me right now I think is depth, and I'd love to add a guy like Lowrie, who already qualifies at 2B and SS, and may gain 1B and 3B (although I'm cool if he doesn't). I'm concerned, however, that he won't get the AB's, he'd be the Third BoSox player on my roster, and that his hot streak will fizzle. I picked Roberts up because Phillips is injured, and I'm hoping Roberts rebounds so I can use him or trade him - My biggest concern right now is SB's actually. The team hasn't been hitting many HR's but that will come, and I have Pierre for SB's but I'm having a hell of a time finding space for him in that crowded outfield. Any suggestions? Thanks.
You're KILLING me Smalls!
teezy33
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Team Overrated?

Postby timaxman » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:02 pm

P - Sean Burnett---Don't know how much of washington you're watching, but Storen pitches much better than burnett. How many more blown saves do you figure he has before he loses the role? Over/under Storen has the role by the end of april, and I'm saying under.

As far as lowrie is concerned, while he obviously won't maintain his .500 avg, I've watched him play in virtually every single MLB game he has played in, and many of his minor league games. When healthy, (and he finally is), he is a starter on virtually any team in the league. He takes smart at bats, and his a very clean swing, he obviously has to cool down somewhat, but he will have plenty of playing time this year, playing all 4 roles. He wants to be a starting player and I doubt it will take long for him to become one.

SB's though, you may want to drop either pierre or sam fuld* ( 6 sb's hasn't been caught) into hunters spot.
Fantasy Baseball focused twitter! http://www.twitter.com/arv3403 Happy to answer questions/give advice, just send a tweet!
timaxman
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team