Jeter for Lowrie WHIR! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Jeter for Lowrie WHIR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jeter for Lowrie WHIR!

Postby skones » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:16 pm

I was just offered Jeter for Lowrie.

I realize from a value standpoint this is heavily in my favor, but Jeter's groundball woes are a serious issue. As most are aware, he has only 1 extra base hit. IF Jeter is eventually moved down in the lineup, his stellar run totals may begin to dwindle. With that being said, there are also issues with Lowrie's defense despite his stellar bat. If you look at last seasons splits for both players vs. Righties and Lefties. Lowrie has the advantage in both areas.

Do you bank on Jeter's pedigree to turn things around and become a similar player to the one he was last, or do you bank on Lowrie's bat being too good to keep out of the lineup?
Last edited by skones on Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skones
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jeter for Lowrie WHIR!

Postby TrippySG » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:21 pm

I bet on Lowries bat earning him a place somewhere in that lineup this year...eventually. In a keeper league Id hit accept immediately, because I think Lowrie will be a force in that lineup by the years end. I do not, on the other hand, see him getting the every day AB until later in the season. That being said, I would take his stats with fewer AB over Jeter's bat right now, and probably throughout the year. I would accept that, but not be suprised if it backfired on me.
TrippySG
College Coach
College Coach

Postby skones » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:52 pm

Bump, could REALLY use some extra help on this one guys.

I think if Lowrie gets his AB's, he'll go for 85 runs, 18 hr, 65 rbi, .285 .800+ OPS
skones
College Coach
College Coach

Postby todd999430 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:00 am

Huge Odds Jeter out performs Lowrie this year by a small margin

Small Odds (but a better return) that Lowrie blows up huge and out performs Jeter this year

There's the rub.
todd999430
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby bsoates » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:07 am

Tough decision. Since I'm pretty risk-averse, I'd probably go with the safer pick in Jeter (despite his struggles). Lowrie is still much of an unsure thing in my opinion. My opinion is far from expert though.
bsoates
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby 2muchchalk » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:09 am

bsoates wrote:Tough decision. Since I'm pretty risk-averse, I'd probably go with the safer pick in Jeter (despite his struggles). Lowrie is still much of an unsure thing in my opinion. My opinion is far from expert though.

i agree. how big is ur league? u in 10 team leagues u prob can find some1 on the ww with jed like value out there. Wait till jeter gets hot then unload. I would stick w/ jeter
jeter=hof and jed is unproven

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=427826
2muchchalk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby skones » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:28 am

2muchchalk wrote:
bsoates wrote:Tough decision. Since I'm pretty risk-averse, I'd probably go with the safer pick in Jeter (despite his struggles). Lowrie is still much of an unsure thing in my opinion. My opinion is far from expert though.

i agree. how big is ur league? u in 10 team leagues u prob can find some1 on the ww with jed like value out there. Wait till jeter gets hot then unload. I would stick w/ jeter

It's a 12 team keeper league, but keeper holds no bearing this season as next year is our total redraft. We go with R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS, Ks, Ws, Holds, SVs, ERA, WHIP.

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, UTIL, UTIL, SP SP SP, RP RP RP, P P P P, 5 Bench slots.

With that being said, Peralta, Theriot, Desmond if he turns it around, and Cabrera are all available on the wire so it's not like I don't have options in case Lowrie doesn't end up panning out.
skones
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rib217 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:56 am

I think you go Jeter as terrible as he looks.

Last year even batting .270 he broke 100R's with 18sb's soo......he'll be equal to Lowrie even if he repeats his worst season

mine:
viewtopic.php?t=427840
rib217
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Surfs up » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:17 am

2muchchalk wrote:

I agree but disagree. Yes Jeter is a HOFer but so far its looking like more of what we saw last year and the trend might continue. Sure hes too good of a hitter to hit .230.240 but another low BA and low run production season are looking more like happening then .290 100 runs.
I think Jeter is a better REAL life player than a fantasy player.
Lowrie is young and late last year he proved he could do the job when he played. Scuturo is in the last year of his contract I think and even if he isn't the red Sox need somebody thats hot to help them out of this funk. Lowrie is the guy.
He's going to keep playing.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 191)

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:08 am

My opinion on the issues is that you tell the guy you will deal Lowrie, but you need to get more out of him...Milk the cow for all he is worth. If the guy is that high on Lowrie, see what else he is willing to pony up to get him. I personally think Lowrie does better than Jeter...He is younger, and primed to make a bigger impact over Jeter...Both are in good lineups, but I think BoSoxs have a better one. I think if you can't get more out of him, you hold onto Lowrie and play his upside.

help, please.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=427860
CubsFan4Life23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 143)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions