Is Starlin Castro legit?? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Is Starlin Castro legit?? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is Starlin Castro legit?? WHIR

Postby notorious623 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:09 pm

I'm in desperate need of a SS now that Furcal is out for a while (plus, he might retire).

I've been offered Starlin Castro for either Brett Anderson, Marcum, or Carpenter. Below are my SPs:

Sabathia
Hudson
Carpenter
Anderson
Marcum
Wandy Rodriguez

As you can see, I'm fairly deep in the SP position. I could pick up another SP to add depth if necessary.

My question is, is this a good trade or am I giving up too much? Leave your link and I'll gladly help you out! Thanks guys.
notorious623
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Is Starlin Castro legit?? WHIR

Postby Hes So Taguchi » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:11 pm

I'd trade Marcum or Anderson for Castro without thinking twice. Carp would be a little harder to let go of.

No one knows where Castro will end up at the end of the season but I think it's reasonable to expect aroud a .300 avg with a healthy amount of runs and SB. Any power that develops is an added bonus.
Hes So Taguchi
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is Starlin Castro legit?? WHIR

Postby BiGAnT » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:53 pm

I agree, I would probably make this deal...Starlin will help you A LOT, especially since your desperate at SS...Carpenter is definitely too much to give up, but I might consider Marcum or Anderson (Consider the A's park will help Anderson out a lot but Marcum has more K potential, so I guess its up to you).

Castro may not maintain a ridiculous batting average but he should still be a top SS at the end of the year, and if/when Furcal comes back maybe you could flip one of them in a package for something solid in return. Always a thought!

Good luck! :-)
Philippians 4:13
BiGAnT
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions