2011 NHL Playoffs Thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

2011 NHL Playoffs Thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2011 NHL Playoffs Thread

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:48 pm

bigken117 wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:Time to cry myself to sleep - still no major-sport men's championships in the northwest in my lifetime !+) :~(

You won Pick 3 last week ;-D

If they hang it above the Storm banners in KeyArena, I'll let it slide since hockey's still just my third- or fourth-favorite of the major sports :-b
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:49 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I'm just sick that Roberto LeBrongo gave this to the hated Bruins.

I'm not fond of the Bruins. Nobody has done more to disgrace hockey (last night's Vandalcouver riot excepted) since the Broadstreet Bullies than the Bruins. They're such cheap shot artists that the DC sniper was offended when compared to Kenny the Rat Linsman. Not to overstate my case but if Hitler were alive he'd be a Bruins fan.

Bobby Orr is terribly overrated. Cam Neely was a stiff. Ray Borque couldn't wait to leave.

I'm just sick about this.

Next year Subban will bring the Cup back home to Montreal where it belongs and all will be right in the world.

Nothing settles down a thread like some objectivity. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigken117 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:59 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I'm just sick that Roberto LeBrongo gave this to the hated Bruins.

I'm not fond of the Bruins. Nobody has done more to disgrace hockey (last night's Vandalcouver riot excepted) since the Broadstreet Bullies than the Bruins. They're such cheap shot artists that the DC sniper was offended when compared to Kenny the Rat Linsman. Not to overstate my case but if Hitler were alive he'd be a Bruins fan.

Bobby Orr is terribly overrated. Cam Neely was a stiff. Ray Borque couldn't wait to leave.

Next year Subban will bring the Cup back home to Montreal where it belongs and all will be right in the world.

Bitter much? ;-7

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:45 pm

bigken117 wrote:

Bitter much? ;-7

naw... mookie, and canadians in general, don't care too much about their hockey teams. he's just trying to ruffle some feathers. ;-7
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby DbacksRback » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:19 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Next year Subban will bring the Cup back home to Montreal where it belongs and all will be right in the world.

You mean this guy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaCwkdNNEPY

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:31 am

no no no no
THIS Subban
One more and the hated Bruins would have been toast. These guys won the Cup by the skin of their teeth (which I guess is why it looks like these bums don't brush).

It's a shame that Marchand and Seguin got drafted by the Bruins and now don't have a chance to become decent human beings. arrggghhh Seguin would have been a wonderful hockey player and beautiful soul in Montreal. It's like seeing your daughter shack up with a crackhead. You just want to hire a deprogrammer, grab a shotgun and rescue them. There are 21 Canadians on the Bruins that need an intervention. Wait, make that 20, you can keep Lucic.

Oh, and Orr jumped AFTER he scored the goal. Total embellishment. It was a dive. Cheesy.
:-C
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:47 am

DbacksRback wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Next year Subban will bring the Cup back home to Montreal where it belongs and all will be right in the world.

You mean this guy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaCwkdNNEPY

This guy.

At least when he took a big hit Subban went after Alex himself. That's why they're superstars. Subban and Ove do it all themselves.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigken117 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:39 pm

Subban is more this guy than any link you posted

this is my favorite of what the Canadians embody.

this is what the Bruins are about.

Play Pick 3!

Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:55 pm

bigken117 wrote:Subban is more this guy than any link you posted

yeah, right. That was absolutely terrible ;-7
The Subban play I can point to a Bruin doing that every game and the Hamerlik one I just didn't see anything, all I heard was a dumbass yelling get up. What do you think about Andrew Ference? Total fake, but it got them a power play in the Cup finals, big freakin deal. I'm surprised that you would pull out this garbage.

All that shows is that NESN has the most biased and annoying commentators in the world. The perfect play calling for this team.I would call them the evil empire except one Cup in 39 years and only 6 Cups in 87 years isn't exactly and empire is it? Especially when they were one of only 6 teams for the longest time. One President's Cup in all those years? Evil empire no. Evil unincorporated township. That's more like it.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby bigken117 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:41 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
bigken117 wrote:Subban is more this guy than any link you posted

yeah, right. That was absolutely terrible ;-7
The Subban play I can point to a Bruin doing that every game and the Hamerlik one I just didn't see anything, all I heard was a dumbass yelling get up. What do you think about Andrew Ference? Total fake, but it got them a power play in the Cup finals, big freakin deal. I'm surprised that you would pull out this garbage.

All that shows is that NESN has the most biased and annoying commentators in the world. The perfect play calling for this team.I would call them the evil empire except one Cup in 39 years and only 6 Cups in 87 years isn't exactly and empire is it? Especially when they were one of only 6 teams for the longest time. One President's Cup in all those years? Evil empire no. Evil unincorporated township. That's more like it.

Play Pick 3!

Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

Previous

Return to General Talk