2011 NHL Playoffs Thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2011 NHL Playoffs Thread

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:59 pm

Booooooooooo
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 275)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:03 pm

Sheesh! Ice skating with sticks and pucks is still going on? Crazy that your season lasts longer than the NBA. :*) ;-) :-B
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:14 pm

Time to cry myself to sleep - still no major-sport men's championships in the northwest in my lifetime !+) :~(
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thedude » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:22 pm

So now they are rioting in Vancouver.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:28 pm

thedude wrote:So now they are rioting in Vancouver.

Gold medal and world championship just not enough for them up north !+)
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:52 am

Sedin twins and Kessler had ZERO points in games 2, 3, 4, 6, and 7 - six total in series, with three of those coming in 5-2 loss in Game 5 !+)
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Postby DbacksRback » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:02 am

WaCougMBS wrote:Sedin twins and Kessler had ZERO points in games 2, 3, 4, 6, and 7 - six total in series, with three of those coming in 5-2 loss in Game 5 !+)

The Lebron James' of the nhl. Had to play on the same team, choke in the finals and said they'd win game 7. And I dont want to hear anything about Philly ever having the worst fans ever again. Vancouver you're a disgrace :-t

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby jfg » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:05 am

I'm not a hockey fan, but I am a sports fan and pay a little attention to it and I could recognize maybe four players on the championship roster and one of those guys is 43 years old. The NHL has a huge problem marketing their players because even if I don't watch the games I should be able to recognize more than four names just from exposure. I don't know how in the world Bettman is still commish. Also... for a league that bases most of their teams in the US isn't it a little odd that only two players on the entire Bruins roster were born in the states? The league feels more like the MLS every day. I don't want to hate the NHL, but they make it so easy.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby bigken117 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:28 am

WaCougMBS wrote:Scoreboard! :-b

indeed :-)

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:34 am

jfg wrote:I'm not a hockey fan, but I am a sports fan and pay a little attention to it and I could recognize maybe four players on the championship roster and one of those guys is 43 years old. The NHL has a huge problem marketing their players because even if I don't watch the games I should be able to recognize more than four names just from exposure. I don't know how in the world Bettman is still commish. Also... for a league that bases most of their teams in the US isn't it a little odd that only two players on the entire Bruins roster were born in the states? The league feels more like the MLS every day. I don't want to hate the NHL, but they make it so easy.

You're right that Bettman's an idiot, but I don't get your 2nd point. The best players in the world are foreign born, so that's why the teams get them. What do you want them to do? Put themselves at a competitive disadvantage by taking Americans? Who cares if I'm watching Russians play as long as they're playing good hockey?

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk