2011 NHL Playoffs Thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

2011 NHL Playoffs Thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

2011 NHL Playoffs Thread

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:50 am

Awesome games so far.

Habs are ruling again and the Bruins are once again demonstrating what a terrible franchise they are. Can any organization pick and develop goalies like the Habs?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 275)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2011 NHL Playoffs Thread

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:59 am

Terrible, fluke loss for my Caps in game 3. Hopefully they can rebound and win game 4 on the road. If they can, they'll be up 3-1, which is a nice lead. Just a shame to lose because a puck goes in off of your defenders back with a little over a minute to go. Also, they can't keep taking dumb penalties. Taking 7 penalties (2 of which led to 5-on-3s) is unacceptable.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby lastingsgriller » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:48 am

It's too bad.. Habs and bruins are easily my two favorite teams in the east. too bad one of them has an early exit. Tim Thomas better come up big tonight if the bruins want any chace at all at this..

in the West The Canucks are mowing through Chicago like I am sure they will mow through the rest of the conference..
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:25 am

lastingsgriller wrote:It's too bad.. Habs and bruins are easily my two favorite teams in the east. too bad one of them has an early exit. Tim Thomas better come up big tonight if the bruins want any chace at all at this..

in the West The Canucks are mowing through Chicago like I am sure they will mow through the rest of the conference..

Let's not get carried away with Vancouver. Sure, they're good, but Chicago is weak this year, and I think they would see a similar fate if they played against another one of the West's top teams. As great as Vancouver is, I think suggesting that they would mow through San Jose or Detroit is a bit of an overstatement.

A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

Postby lastingsgriller » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:41 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:It's too bad.. Habs and bruins are easily my two favorite teams in the east. too bad one of them has an early exit. Tim Thomas better come up big tonight if the bruins want any chace at all at this..

Let's not get carried away with Vancouver. Sure, they're good, but Chicago is weak this year, and I think they would see a similar fate if they played against another one of the West's top teams. As great as Vancouver is, I think suggesting that they would mow through San Jose or Detroit is a bit of an overstatement.

i think vancouver is pretty much flawless.. the sedin's can put the puck in the net with the best of them, they have an absolutely top notch blue line, and an elite goalie. i think anything less than a finals appearence is underachieving for them..
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:15 pm

I do like me some Nucks, but let's not jinx them this early - too many second-round exits after 100-plus-point seasons for me to rest on the laurels of a 3-0 lead against a much weaker Chicago team. I think they have the potential to be as good as you say and to go all the way, I just hope they can take it one game at a time and also stop puking away 2-goal leads - at this point I'm still in the cautiously optimistic stage, but anything less than a shot at the SC would certainly be disappointing :-?
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby RugbyD » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:53 pm

Sitting 2 rows off the ice for tomorrow night's Blackhawks game. Prices have come down a good bit now that the Canucks are up 3-0. I owe my financee for all the crap I gave her last year when the Hawks won everything. She is from BC and a huge Canucks fan.

It's a good thing we hadn't colored up our spare change bucket in a while!
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby AquaMan2342 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:54 pm

This is Vancouver's year. They are easily the best team in the Western Conference and I agree anything less than a Cup appearance would be a massive disappointment.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:23 pm

Awesome how many hockey and basketball fans we have posting over here in the baseball cafe :-b
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 275)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:28 pm

I agree that they're the best in the West (probably in the whole NHL), and I agree that anything less than a SC would be a disappointment. That doesn't mean they're just going to roll over everyone they play though. All the same crap was said about the Caps last year, and we all know how that turned out. I do think Luongo (and coaching) is the difference between Vancouver this year and Washington last year, but that doesn't change the fact that upsets happen ALL THE TIME in the NHL playoffs. Last year, we saw a 7 play an 8 in the Eastern Conference Finals, after Montreal beat both Washington and Pittsburgh, who were 2 of the big favorites in the East. One thing Vancouver does not have is the experience of a team like Detroit. I think (if it happens) a series of Detroit vs. Vancouver would be an absolute dog fight, and I think the winner would have a good chance against any team in the East. I (optimistically) think my Caps could give either of those teams a series, and maybe Philly as well, but that's about it.

A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

Next

Return to General Talk