Who is the better baller?

Dwayne Wade
71%
Scottie Pippen
29%

Total votes : 17

Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs thread

Postby lastingsgriller » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:39 pm

urbanbreez wrote:What LeBronze really needs to do is find a new PR guy. One that's not afraid to slap his s***.

slap dongs left and right? :-?
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:35 pm

LeBron should take a page out of Jordan's book...and go play double A baseball.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:44 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:LeBron should take a page out of Jordan's book...and go play double A baseball.

I've heard he'll try that right after his third ring :-b
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:48 am

this is pretty awesome:

Peoria, IL- The Peoria Chiefs have added a LeBron James 2011 NBA Championship Replica Ring Giveaway to all fans on Thursday June 16 to enhance the Salute to the 1990s Chicago Bulls Championship Teams Night. The replica ring, which like LeBron's is non-existent, will be handed out to all fans through the gates prior to the 7:00 p.m. game against Wisconsin.

Throughout the night the Chiefs will be celebrating a true champion, the 1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997 and 1998 Chicago Bulls. Despite having the greatest player of all time, the most decorated coach in NBA history and two other Hall of Famers, the Bulls always played, and won as a team. There will be video clips of the Bulls titles along with audio highlights and trivia while the team will take the field to "Sirius" by the Alan Parsons Project.

In addition to the LeBron replica ring, the Chiefs are looking into whether or not the game can skip the fourth inning to honor King James who took off the fourth quarter of every finals game.

"We aren't sure if the league will allow it," said team President Rocky Vonachen. "But if LeBron doesn't need to show up for the fourth, maybe we won't either."

One lucky fan will win a replica of James' 2011 Finals MVP Award which he earned with his clutch fourth quarter play. Fans will also have the opportunity to learn how to perform the Heimlich to prevent themselves or their colleagues from choking in a big situation.

"Really this is just us getting back to the real world and waking up today and trying to solve our own personal problems," said Vice President of Ticket Sales Eric Obalil.

NASCAR driver Jeff Burton and his #31 CAT car will also be at O'Brien Field on Thursday to sign autographs and throw out a first pitch with gates opening at 5:30 p.m. June 16 is a Thirsty Thursday presented by Sully's and Brewer's Distributing with $2.00 16 ounce domestic draft beers and fountain sodas.

http://peoria.chiefs.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110614&content_id=20465038&vkey=pr_t443&fext=.jsp&sid=t443
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 426)

Postby wrveres » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:23 am

LOL :-D
Fans will also have the opportunity to learn how to perform the Heimlich to prevent themselves or their colleagues from choking in a big situation.

"Really this is just us getting back to the real world and waking up today and trying to solve our own personal problems," said Vice President of Ticket Sales Eric Obalil.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:37 am

Is it bad that I don't feel bad like, at all? That I feel he brought it all on himself, not necessarily by going to Miami, but by the circus he himself constructed around himself? Is it bad that I feel he deserves the harsh, loud criticism?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 326)

Postby wrveres » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:00 am

bigh0rt wrote:Is it bad that I don't feel bad like, at all? That I feel he brought it all on himself, not necessarily by going to Miami, but by the circus he himself constructed around himself? Is it bad that I feel he deserves the harsh, loud criticism?
Yeah he did. He is a likable guy. I don't even care that he went to Miami. Its just the general douchieness since then. If I were him, id just go away till September. The media/fans can be brutal, and I don't know that he has ever had to deal with any negativity in his lifetime. They wanted to draft him as a freshman in highschool. He may not know how to deal with all this. He needs to go clear his head.

Personally, i like LeBron. Im not sure im a fan of King James, if you know what i mean.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:24 am

wrveres wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Is it bad that I don't feel bad like, at all? That I feel he brought it all on himself, not necessarily by going to Miami, but by the circus he himself constructed around himself? Is it bad that I feel he deserves the harsh, loud criticism?
Yeah he did. He is a likable guy. I don't even care that he went to Miami. Its just the general douchieness since then. If I were him, id just go away till September. The media/fans can be brutal, and I don't know that he has ever had to deal with any negativity in his lifetime. They wanted to draft him as a freshman in highschool. He may not know how to deal with all this. He needs to go clear his head.

Personally, i like LeBron. Im not sure im a fan of King James, if you know what i mean.

^ That's put pretty well. He always did seem likable. But he seems to be embodying this 'King James' in the same way that Terrel Owens developed 'T.O.'
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:13 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
wrveres wrote:

^ That's put pretty well. He always did seem likable. But he seems to be embodying this 'King James' in the same way that Terrel Owens developed 'T.O.'

he just really has an issue with humility. he's always been the next big thing and gonna win once he gets a proper supporting cast and blah, blah, blah.. he's never really dealt with failure and always had an excuse for failing. "you're still young, you didn't have the help you need, etc." except when he disappeared in playoffs with cleveland, which he has still never spoken to the media about. He's kind of a mental midget in that sense and I hope he grows.

Jordan always handled these things well, because he had to grow into his stardom. when he came into the league, it's was Larry and Magic's league (and not to mention Kareem). by the time he was growing from their shadow, the pistons were implementing the Jordan Rules and beating him down everytime he touched the ball. Jordan had to earn his stardom and in '91 when he finally overcame the Pistons and then beat Magic's Lakers in the finals, it seemed that he had earned and deserved his rightful spot at the top of the league. He had humility beat into him by his predecessors. LeBron was just annointed "The Chosen One."
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:54 pm

Robert Horry should lend Lebron a championship ring... he'd still have as many as Jordan.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk