FA Questions...WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

FA Questions...WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

FA Questions...WHIR

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:47 pm

I am in a basic 5x5 12 team H2H league...

I picked up Desmond because someone dropped him and am not sure if I should keep him since no one seems to want him...I initially punted saves, but could use help either there or SP help...Desmond sits my bench...Any of the following guys worth picking up?

Farnsworth, Storen, Rodney, Masterson, McClellan, Santos, Clippard

I own Ruiz for my catcher...Avila and Arencibia are FA's...keep what I have or pickup who?

Finally, Would you trade Pagan and McGehee for J Bruce?

My Team:
Ruiz
Cabrera
Prado
Gordon
Tulo
Pence / JUpton / Rasmus
McGehee / Berkman
Bench: Desmond / Pagan / A Hill / R ZimmermanDL

SP: Bumgarner / D Hudson / M Cain / T Hanson / A Harang / Ogando / Garza / Kennedy / Peavy DL
CubsFan4Life23
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 159)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: FA Questions...WHIR

Postby fantasybaseballking » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:20 pm

Wow, a lot going on here, huh? ;-)

I'm listening to the Mets game right now, and play-caller Gary Cohen just pointed out that there are over 140 games left in the season. Realize this guys, it's APRIL 16th!

Anyway, onto your questions...

Farnsworth, Storen, Rodney, Masterson, McClellan, Santos, Clippard

I own Ruiz for my catcher...Avila and Arencibia are FA's...keep what I have or pickup who?

Finally, Would you trade Pagan and McGehee for J Bruce?

My Team:
Ruiz
Cabrera
Prado
Gordon
Tulo
Pence / JUpton / Rasmus
McGehee / Berkman
Bench: Desmond / Pagan / A Hill / R ZimmermanDL

SP: Bumgarner / D Hudson / M Cain / T Hanson / A Harang / Ogando / Garza / Kennedy / Peavy DL

1. Of the catchers listed, Arenciba easily has the most upside, whereas Ruiz is the class "won't hurt you" type catcher. Arenciba's off to a good start, and guys like Ruiz are nice but not different makers. I'd pick up JP Arenciba.

2. Of the pitchers available, (Farnsworth, Storen, Rodney, Masterson, McClellan, Santos, Clippard), I definitely think Farnsworth, Storen, and McClellaln. But I see you have only starting pitchers...while you'll easily win the Wins and K categories, you're not only punting saves, but probably hurting your ratios as well. I'd try to get Farnsworth and Storen on your roster; you need a more well-balanced staff. Drop Harang for Farnsworth

3.I'm confused regarding 3B...Gordon isn't eligible there in a lot of leagues. Is he your everyday 3B? If so, a trade of Pagan and McGehee is fair, and would certainly upgrade your power potential. Plus, Zimmerman will eventually come back anyway, so McGeehee doesn't mean much to you.

4. Doing the above 2 for 1 deal will open up a spot on your roster. So as far as pitching is concerned, I would then add Storen.

Hope that helps, and good luck! ;-D
Owner: http://www.thefantasybaseballking.com
Columnist: Fantasy Baseball Dugout, Razzball, Dobber Baseball, FantasyBaseball.com, Pro Fantasy Baseball

Follow me on Twitter: @fantasybking
Like my Facebook Page: http://on.fb.me/l7Tv5L
fantasybaseballking
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions