Free Agent Rankings .. HELP ! ? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Free Agent Rankings .. HELP ! ?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Free Agent Rankings .. HELP ! ?

Postby DontMockMe » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:09 am

5x5 roto league (HR,AVG,RBI,R,SB and W,ERA,WHIP,S,K)

Here is how I have the FA pitchers rated.. Question is the dropoffs between pitchers... Britton and Ogando seem clear 1-2 to me... then a larger dropoff to the rest.. Thoughts?

1 Britton
2 Ogando
3 Holland
4 Harrison
5 Narveson
6 Rogers
7 Young C

Here is how I have the FA batters rated.. Question is the dropoffs between batters... Smith and Frees seem clear 1-2 to me... then a larger dropoff to the rest.. Smoak may have the greater upside among 4-6.. Thoughts?

1 Smith
2 Freese
3 Smoak
4 Gomes
5 Murphy
6 Joyce
DontMockMe
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Free Agent Rankings .. HELP ! ?

Postby TrippySG » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:31 am

I agree for the most part on these rankings, with a little input for a few of those guys.
Pitchers:
Britton and Ogando as 1 and 2, I can take that, but Narveson deserves some credit his way too. Guy is filthy, and unlike Britton is in no danger of losing his job. I would maybe put Harrison above everyone here, he is playing lights out. Chris Young has had some injuries and is losing velocity on his fastball, but the guy is 6'10" and has one of the most decieving deliveries in the league. Injury prone, yes, but I would mind taking a chance on him. The one I would have the least trust in on this list is Ogando, and I dont think he's going to keep that flawless ERA much past this weekend.

Batters:
I would rank these differently, Putting Freese and Gomes up top. Freese scares me a little because of the 2 recent surgeries on his feet, but is putting up the best numbers at the moment. I dont know how people arent putting more trust into Gomes. Guy hit 20 HR in 280 AB 2 yrs ago and has already hit 3 this yr, and if you use last years numbers as indicators, Ill take 80-20-85-0-.250 off the WW any day of the week. I am assuming you're talking about David Murphy at your #5, and I just dont buy it. I have followed this guy for yrs and I just dont think he will ever get past his consistent 3 yr avg of 420 AB, 60-15-65-7-.275. Even if he gets more AB, which I dont think is going to happen, I dont think his ceiling is any higher than that, and would rather have Gomes/Freese/Smoak ahead of him.
TrippySG
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Free Agent Rankings .. HELP ! ?

Postby DontMockMe » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:50 am

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

One of my two drops is Phil Hughes.. while a late round keeper still think it is worth dropping him for one the these guys, since my pitching is weak...?

You make a good point on Gomes; I've always liked Smith, perhaps Freese/Smith/Gomes is reasonable ranking there?
DontMockMe
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions