Is Michael Pineda a must add? Need to strenthen SP - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Is Michael Pineda a must add? Need to strenthen SP

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is Michael Pineda a must add? Need to strenthen SP

Postby lefthandedforlife » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:35 am

Looking to mix up my SP a bit. Considering doing something with Liriano, Kuroda, and Dempster.

Options
Jorge De La Rose
AJ Burnett
Gavin Floyd
Aaron Harang
Michael Pineda
Carlos Zambrano
Carl Pavano
Kevin Correia

and Suggestions?

10 Team HTH Points with Daily changes.

C Victor Matinez
1B Albert Pujols
2B Neil Walker
3B Alex Rodriguez
SS Jose Reyes
OF Andre Either
OF Colby Rasmus
OF Bobby Abreu
OF Jose Tabata
DH Travis Hafner
UTIL Gordon Beckam

BN Mike Stanton
BN Chone Figgins
BN Ryan Raburn
BN Miguel Tejada
BN Omar Infante

P Jhoulys Chacin
P Jordan Walden
SP Jon Lester
SP Jered Weaver
SP Francisco Liriano
SP Hiroki Kuroda
SP Ryan Dempster
RP Brian Wilson
RP Joe Nathan

Singles- 1, Doubles- 2, Triples- 3, Home Runes- 5, Walks- 1, Runs Scored- 1, RBI’s- 2, Stolen Bases- 2, K’s- -2, Hits- 1, Hit by Pitch- 1, Sacrifices- 2, Game Winning RBI- 4, Caught Stealing- -2, Ground into Double Play- -1, Hitting for Cycle- 20, Grand Slam- 7, Outfield Assist- 1, Errors- 1

IP- 3, Wins- 10, Saves- 7, K’s- 1, Walks- -1, Hit Batsmen- -1, Wild Pitch- -1, Pick Off- 1, Complete Game- 5, No Hitter- 10, Earned Runs- -1, Loss- -5, Blown Save- -4, Hit Allowed- -1, Shutout- 10, HR Allowed- -1, Balk- -1, Hold- 2, Quality Starts- 3, Perfect Game- 20
lefthandedforlife
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is Michael Pineda a must add? Need to strenthen SP

Postby jovenparque » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:03 am

Your league is shallow so I don't know about must add but this kid looks nasty. He's likely to be subject to innings limit too. And there are some other options who might be safer bets though pineda looks like he has the best stuff. I would however definitely pick him up for liriano. Liriano was solid last year but not sold on him given his inconsistent track record. My two cents is to take Pineda or harang over liriano.
jovenparque
College Coach
College Coach

Postby lefthandedforlife » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:41 am

What about Colby Lewis, Travis Wood, Ian Kennedy, Wandy Rodriguez or Jeremy Guthrie?

I am thinking my pitching is in need of a revamp.
lefthandedforlife
College Coach
College Coach

Postby joshtribe » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:10 pm

I like your rotation...the only starter I don't like is Liriano. I drafted him as well, but there has been nothing but negative news about him ever since draft day and the results haven't been there either. I would sell at a 25% discount in a trade before I would drop him...maybe package him with a bat for a 2-1 deal. I'm trying to do the same thing in my league.
joshtribe
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby kingmike74 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:24 pm

Thx for the help mate.

I'd lose Raburn and get Pinesa asap

Staff looks solid and will be fine
"I can't wait to put the uniform on each day" ~ Bobby Cox
kingmike74
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 28)

Postby woowoo crew » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:40 pm

YOu've got a good stafff already, but I think Raburn is the guy to drop for Pineda. FYI, I'm in a 10 team league and dropped Infante last week. He's still available, so you might drop him.

Thanks for helping me.
C: Gattis
1B: Abreu
2B: Utley
SS: Dee
3B: Encarnacion
UTIL: Dickerson, Chris Davis
OF: Stanton, Heyward, Polanco
BN: Arenado, Chisenhall, Blackmon, Calhoun
P: Cueto, Strasburg, Cliff Lee, Wood, Latos, Kuechel, Kluber, Arrieta, Ross
RP: Kimbrel, Uehara
woowoo crew
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby lefthandedforlife » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:47 pm

I am new to fantasy baseball so I am not sure how dropping Raburn for Pineda would work.

In my league I can have max 6 SP, 3 RP, 2 DL, and the rest fielders. I'm pretty sure I can't drop a fielder and add a pitcher. I'm already at my max for both SP and RP. I'm gald to hear my rotation is pretty solid. I know in the long run maybe but it has been pretty rocky with dempster and liriano.

Also, what do you think about adding Johan Santana and putting him on my DL. I'd have to drop a SP, add Santana, put him on DL, and then add another pitcher. Is that a smart move for when he comes off the DL?
lefthandedforlife
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jovenparque » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:57 pm

lefthandedforlife wrote:I am new to fantasy baseball so I am not sure how dropping Raburn for Pineda would work.

In my league I can have max 6 SP, 3 RP, 2 DL, and the rest fielders. I'm pretty sure I can't drop a fielder and add a pitcher. I'm already at my max for both SP and RP. I'm gald to hear my rotation is pretty solid. I know in the long run maybe but it has been pretty rocky with dempster and liriano.

Also, what do you think about adding Johan Santana and putting him on my DL. I'd have to drop a SP, add Santana, put him on DL, and then add another pitcher. Is that a smart move for when he comes off the DL?

first, i think you should take pineda over liriano. i watch his starts and the kid really looks good. plus it's a lot more fun to root for these young kids and get excited about baseball in general. just a thought. liriano is currently, in my opinion, waiver fodder. keep a close eye on him because when liriano is good (like last year) he's very valuable.

second, picking up johan is fine if you have the DL spots i guess. just make sure that you drop the right guy because, since you're maxed out on roster spots, you (i assume) have to drop someone who is currently playing and then pick up johan, then place johan on your DL, and then you can use that free spot again to pick someone up.

so if you're going to go after johan (who just hit the 60 DL) then perhaps drop liriano, pick up johan, place johan on the DL, and then pick up pineda.
jovenparque
College Coach
College Coach

Postby linberg » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:52 pm

I would definitely pick him up - I'm confused, though, can you not have any pitchers on your bench? That seems odd
linberg
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 4)

Postby lefthandedforlife » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:17 pm

I tried to drop Raburn for Pineda and it tell me that I would exceed the maximum of 6 SP on my roster.

I can have them on my bench but with the rules in my league I don't think it makes sense. We can carry 5 SP (6 max), 2 RP (3 max), and 2 additional P's to reach the maximums. I am playing in a custom league with a cousin.

Therefore I pretty much have to drop a SP for SP, etc.
lefthandedforlife
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions