Just offered a trade for my Pujols - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Just offered a trade for my Pujols

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Just offered a trade for my Pujols

Postby linberg » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:59 pm

I wouldn't do it then - you are in the driver seat here, not the other teams.
linberg
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cs3 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:56 am

Is this H2H or Roto? if its H2H youll most definitely get a better offer in a few months when borderline teams are trying to eke into the playoffs, and good teams are trying to fortify their roster for that championship run.
for roto you are right tho... the longer you wait the less of a return you should expect.
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kab21 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:29 am

The problem that I see is that you say it is for his 1st rd pick. If he has a good team then it ends up being a late first rd'er and you don't get one of those studs out of this deal. So I pass and you'll have the best 6 keepers easily next year. Pujols, MCab, Hanley, Holliday, Felix and the 6th doesn't matter.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 162)

Postby Surfs up » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:45 am

The guy that offered the trade DOESN"T have a good team. I was saying only four of us really like to trade. One of them happens to be the team in first place. And yes roto
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 195)

Postby kab21 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:08 pm

The number of the draft pick really changes everything for me since it's the only reason to even consider this trade. the downside to this is that you'll essentially be punting this season in the 2nd week which I hate. But it's a good offer if that's okay with you.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 162)

Postby Surfs up » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:27 pm

Update . Trade offered by another GM out of no where. He offered me Teixeria , Buchholz and his 9th rd pick for Felix, Moreland and my 1 st rd pick. Tex was just drafted this year so he can be kept three more years after this year. Felix has one more year after this year.
I'm thinking I will finish toward the top somewhere between 3-6. Possibly second. Doubtful for first . So looking at next years draft picks availble I'm thinking I would get somebody like Soria, Marmol, Jimenez, Josh Johnson Cain, or Werth.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Surfs up » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:39 pm

I accepted the Teixiera trade. Now I'm thinking of accepting the Pujos offer. The other guys team really isn't any good. We do a lottery based on where teams are the last day of Aug. The last three teams only in the lottery. I could end up with the first overall pick.
I drafted Miggy this year. I will have Tiex for three more years after this year. Pujols will only have one more year after this year.Anymore thoughts?
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions