Just offered a trade for my Pujols - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Just offered a trade for my Pujols

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Just offered a trade for my Pujols

Postby Surfs up » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:53 pm

My team is off the a rough start. I won the league last year but I stated with a much better team then this year. Last year we kept 9 players. this year we kept 6.
I was offered Brett Wallace, Tommy Hanson and his first round pick for next year for Pujols, Kennedy and my tenth round pick next year.
His team isn't that great and I think I can end up with the likes of either Longoria,Votto, Youkilis, Wreight, Pedoria, Cliff Lee or Josh Johnson. Some others as well. But they can all be kept four years. Pujols has this year and next year and he goes back to the draft.
My team looks like this. Pujols, Miggy, Holliday. Hanley, Yunel Esobar, E. Aybar. Gordan, Span, Raburn, Gardner, Pedron Alverez, Moreland, Miq Montero and raburn. With Utley and Morales on the DL. My pitchers are Felix, Tim Hudson, Ogando, Scherzer, Bumgarner, kennedy , Chacin, Contreras, Valverde and F Rod.
12 team mixed 5x5 keeper.
Hanson can be kept this year and next year.I realize Wallace isn't much in return but I can use some pitching plus Morales is due back in a couple of weeks.I would keep him next year. I guess this is more toward next year and three years after. Of course it would all depend on where the other owner finishes as to what player I would get in the draft. I guess its a speculative trade with the possibility of getting one of the tope four or five players.Thoughts?
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 191)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Just offered a trade for my Pujols

Postby SleuterBomber » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:05 pm

Surfs up wrote:My team is off the a rough start. I won the league last year but I stated with a much better team then this year. Last year we kept 9 players. this year we kept 6.
I was offered Brett Wallace, Tommy Hanson and his first round pick for next year for Pujols, Kennedy and my tenth round pick next year.
His team isn't that great and I think I can end up with the likes of either Longoria,Votto, Youkilis, Wreight, Pedoria, Cliff Lee or Josh Johnson. Some others as well. But they can all be kept four years. Pujols has this year and next year and he goes back to the draft.
My team looks like this. Pujols, Miggy, Holliday. Hanley, Yunel Esobar, E. Aybar. Gordan, Span, Raburn, Gardner, Pedron Alverez, Moreland, Miq Montero and raburn. With Utley and Morales on the DL. My pitchers are Felix, Tim Hudson, Ogando, Scherzer, Bumgarner, kennedy , Chacin, Contreras, Valverde and F Rod.
12 team mixed 5x5 keeper.
Hanson can be kept this year and next year.I realize Wallace isn't much in return but I can use some pitching plus Morales is due back in a couple of weeks.I would keep him next year. I guess this is more toward next year and three years after. Of course it would all depend on where the other owner finishes as to what player I would get in the draft. I guess its a speculative trade with the possibility of getting one of the tope four or five players.Thoughts?

No way should you accept this trade. You are essentially trading the best fantasy player in the game for Tommy Hanson. While Hanson has a high ceiling, I doubt he'll ever be the pitcher Felix Hernandez is and even if he is, would you trade Pujols for Felix straight up? I never would.

If you are going to trade Pujols someone has to blow you away with an offer. Any lateral move is a loss IMO because Pujols has the highest ceiling of any player in the game (if he hit 60 HR this year, would it really surprise anyone?) and is the safest to put up the numbers he always does.

His first round pick next year sounds good, but at 6 keepers x 12 teams, you'll be getting roughly the 61st best player (depending on who is kept), and that is IF he finishes dead last.

You lose out in value in this trade way too much for it to even deserve consideration IMO. Pujols is off to a slow start but he'll break out soon.
SleuterBomber
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Surfs up » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:11 pm

Thanks for the reply but you misunderstood the post.
Yes i would Hanson for this year BUT I would get his FIRST pick in next years draft which includes Longoria, Wright, Votto, Pedroia, Cliff Lee, Matt Cain, Kevin Youkilis , Josh Johnson and U. Jimenez. These are the TOP players avalible guarenteed to be there. plus i would have my own FIRST round pick and could still get one of them with my own pick. So I would trade this year and next year of Pujols for Hanson for this ayear and next PLUS one of these guys for FOUR years.
And because his team isn't all that good chances are very good I would get one of the first four listed.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Surfs up » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:24 pm

bump
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby linberg » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:50 pm

so you can keep for 4 years then they go back? How many years are you into Pujols? If you trade does the 4 year clock start again?

mine - viewtopic.php?t=427575
linberg
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Surfs up » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:05 pm

Once a player gets drafted or picked off the WW the clock starts ticking. Even if he gets dropped. I drafted Pujols two years ago. We can protect as a keeper for three years. A total of four years including the year he was drafted.. Even if he gets traded or dropped his contract started and stays in effect. Pujlos has this year and next and he goes back to the draft . Thats why i'm thinking if i can get the guys pick for NEXT years draft and get either Longoria or one of the other listed with that pick I would have that player for four years and Pujlos would be in his last year. Granted I would lose him this year as well. But as I said. I do have Morales coming off the DL that I drafted THIS year. So he can be kept three more years after THIS year. make more sense now?
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby linberg » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:21 pm

That actually makes some sense - if you think you'll be out of it this year I'd try and make as many moves like that as you can... That being said, you could probably get something even better for Pujols - maybe try and get a 1st and 2nd round or something. Also I doubt Hanson is one of your 6 best players, so not sure I'd make that trade - rather have an extra draft pick
linberg
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Fpower » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:31 pm

I don't know if I'd do that trade, but I do know I'd post a message on the league board that you're currently taking offers for Pujols. Try to start a bidding war. It's friggin Pujols!
Fpower
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Surfs up » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:48 pm

Also keep in mind when we get a pick we have to give a pick. we all need to have the same number of picks although they don't need to be in order as long as we all have 19 picks. Keep 6 draft 19.He was asking for my 10thrd pick back. so if I tell him keep Hanson and give me your 2nd pick for my 12th rd pick? Doubt he would want to be without the first two rounds.But worth asking. I know I wouldn't do that for bascially less then two years worth of Pujlos. Especially with a weak team to start.Albert would be a huge addition but he would have to nail the rest of the draft next year having already given up the first two picks.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Surfs up » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:53 pm

There are about four guys that trade in my league. many of the others draft teams and sit on them. Replacing a DL player and picking up an occational player from the WW.
Two of the traders are on the bottom and one of them is the guy that offered his first rd pick. One of the other is on top so if he finishes top three I would get the 10-11-12 pick. Not worth it. Another is a Cards fan but won't give up his first rd pick. 2nd but not first. I've probably received the best offer I will get. And as the season goes on I might not get a first round pick.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions