Looking to make improvements. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Looking to make improvements.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking to make improvements.

Postby TampaRays90 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:06 pm

Hey guys looking to make some improvements to my team. Its a 12 team, keeper, H2H league. I've been in the playoffs the last 5 years but unable to take home the prize. The league has 3-4 really strong teams my team included. Then the rest of the league drops off from there all the way down to two teams full of prospects with just enough guys for starting lineup each week. trades are tough to complete due to the teams that are stronger aren't looking to move a guy who can help me. The other teams with guys that would help are mainly looking for prospects to strengthen the rest of their team which I really don't have.

I've attempted to move Morneau, Teixeira, Utley and Reyes mainly for a front line starter with no success so far. Recent offers I received for Reyes have been Jeff Francis, Ryan Madson and 2 minors the owner later released and Reyes for Ichiro and Lackey.A just get something trade I sent out of Reyes for Hellickson and Matzek was turned down.

Sorry for the long read to this point but basically I am just looking for other opinions on who I should move and what I should be looking for in return.

C-Joe Mauer (DL)
C-Kurt Suzuki
C-Wilson Ramos
1B-Mark Teixeira (I use Teix as my DH)
1B-Justin Morneau
2B-Chase Utley (DL)
2B-Martin Prado (I use him at 2nd and 3rd depending until his eligibility is gone)
2B-Neil Walker
SS-Jose Reyes
SS-Elvis Andrus
3B-Mark Reynolds
OF-Carl Crawford
OF-Matt Holliday
OF-Alex Rios
OF-Delmon Young
OF-Angel Pagan

SP-Dan Haren
SP-Ervin Santana
SP-Max Scherzer
SP-Edwin Jackson
SP-Gavin Floyd
SP-Ricky Nolasco
SP-Chris Narveson
RP-Carlos Marmol
RP-Drew Storen
RP-Sean Burnett
RP-Brad Lidge (DL)

Minors:
Dayan Viceido
Jordan Lyles
Tyler Skaggs
Alex Colome
TampaRays90
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Looking to make improvements.

Postby fantasybaseballking » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:01 pm

I think losing Reyes would be a HUGE blow. Instead, package a Andrus with one of your starters (say, Nolasco), to net a frontliner.

Lemme know if this helps and if I can do anything else.

Good luck! ;-D
Owner: http://www.thefantasybaseballking.com
Columnist: Fantasy Baseball Dugout, Razzball, Dobber Baseball, FantasyBaseball.com, Pro Fantasy Baseball

Follow me on Twitter: @fantasybking
Like my Facebook Page: http://on.fb.me/l7Tv5L
fantasybaseballking
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Looking to make improvements.

Postby TampaRays90 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:01 am

Thanks for the reply. I feel that losing Reyes would be a huge blow as well. My main reason for even considering moving him has been his injuries the last couple years (which has hurt me plenty, also Utley, Mauer, and Morneau for that matter) and with Andrus a few years younger in a keeper league. Glad I could get another point of view.

I'll shop Andrus and Nolasco and see what kinda offers I get this week.
TampaRays90
T-Ball Trainer

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team