Kevin Youkilis--fully healthy this year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kevin Youkilis--fully healthy this year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kevin Youkilis--fully healthy this year?

Postby kickureface » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:04 am

I dont get why people are ranking him so low. He is a good avg hitter with some decent power and gets lots of walks and doesnt K a lot. im guessing people believe he will miss games like 20 or so?

potential 300 100 30 100 here
12x23
Keep: 1IF, 1OF, 1SP, 1RP
R, HR, RBI, AVG, SB, BB, K, 1B, 2B, (3B, E, GS)
W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, BB, HLD, IP, QS, (L, BS, CG)

C: Montero
1B: Teix
2B: Roberts
3B: Longoria
SS: Nishioka
LF: Holliday
CF: Rios
RF: Bruce
OF: Pence
IF: Kila
Util: Raburn
kickureface
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Kevin Youkilis--fully healthy this year?

Postby Padsin05 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:09 am

i dont know anyone who was ranking him low preseason. As of right now people might be, simply because that lineup hasnt jelled, and Youk is in the worst slump of his career
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kab21 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:50 am

He was getting drafted about 20th in every league so I don't really understand you think he was being ranked low. And I probably would have picked him higher than that if I had different picks in the draft. But he was gone when I picked or I picked a better player imo.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)

Postby kickureface » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:36 am

your right, #23 is late second round. he got picked 29th in mine so i wasnt sure.

projections? i checked some and they all list him at ~400AB, so i might be missing something
12x23
Keep: 1IF, 1OF, 1SP, 1RP
R, HR, RBI, AVG, SB, BB, K, 1B, 2B, (3B, E, GS)
W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, BB, HLD, IP, QS, (L, BS, CG)

C: Montero
1B: Teix
2B: Roberts
3B: Longoria
SS: Nishioka
LF: Holliday
CF: Rios
RF: Bruce
OF: Pence
IF: Kila
Util: Raburn
kickureface
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Skin Blues » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:14 pm

I had him ranked 97th in the pre-season. And had him marked down for 581 PA (as per Fangraphs community playing time projections). Needless to say I don't have him on any teams and I'm not surprised people are disappointed with him. Obviously he'll pick things up and he's not this bad, but 300-30-100-100 is 10% optimistic across the board IMO.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 113)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:43 pm

Skin Blues wrote:I had him ranked 97th in the pre-season.

8-o

I'm not overly high on him either, but 97th? Even if he gave you a 2006 or 2007 line, he'll finish with a higher rank than 97.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Skin Blues » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:04 pm

Meh, I try to be impartial when the numbers are crunched. Obviously he has the upside to be better than 97 overall, but the injury risk has to be accounted for, as well as other things. And for the record, I'm almost positive that neither his 2006 or 2007 lines would crack the top 100 this year. Those are Chase Headley numbers (what I have him projected for), with less speed. I had him right beside Tabata in my rankings. Crazy as that may have seemed, I would not be surprised in the least if Tabata ends up with better numbers, and I'm more than happy that I "reached" for him in pretty much every league, and avoided Youkilis.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:32 pm

Skin Blues wrote:Meh, I try to be impartial when the numbers are crunched. Obviously he has the upside to be better than 97 overall, but the injury risk has to be accounted for, as well as other things. And for the record, I'm almost positive that neither his 2006 or 2007 lines would crack the top 100 this year. Those are Chase Headley numbers (what I have him projected for), with less speed. I had him right beside Tabata in my rankings. Crazy as that may have seemed, I would not be surprised in the least if Tabata ends up with better numbers, and I'm more than happy that I "reached" for him in pretty much every league, and avoided Youkilis.

Chase Headley is far inferior to 2006/2007 Youkilis almost across the board. That being said, he'll hit for more power now than he did then, making him even more valuable.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Matthias » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:02 pm

Skin Blues wrote:Meh, I try to be impartial when the numbers are crunched. Obviously he has the upside to be better than 97 overall, but the injury risk has to be accounted for, as well as other things. And for the record, I'm almost positive that neither his 2006 or 2007 lines would crack the top 100 this year. Those are Chase Headley numbers (what I have him projected for), with less speed. I had him right beside Tabata in my rankings. Crazy as that may have seemed, I would not be surprised in the least if Tabata ends up with better numbers, and I'm more than happy that I "reached" for him in pretty much every league, and avoided Youkilis.

I'm sorry. This is crazy.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Skin Blues » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:05 pm

Then bring some sanity, Matthias! Do you expect 30-100-100? Sounds like nice even numbers, let's go with that.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers