Trade Help WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade Help WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade Help WHIR

Postby Conrax » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:48 pm

This is for a 12 Team, H2H, 8 Keeper league.
Cats: Batter: R, RBI, HR, SB, AVG, SLG, OBP
Pitcher: K, QS, W, SV, HD, ERA, WHIP

As you can see I am stacked at OFs and right now have a wavier claim for Mitch Morehead where I would drop Chris Coghlan which if gotten will help some. I noticed a team has two players that I like Castro and Montero, Castro is on the block because this owner has Hanley. So my question is what will it take to get both players? I really would not give up Francisco or Cruz so which of my OFs should I give up to make this trade work? I was thinking Shin-Soo Choo and Posada for Castro and Montero; would that possibly be enough or would I need to give up someone like Werth?

My Roster:
C Jorge Posada, NYY C, DH
1B Derrek Lee, Bal 1B
2B Brian Roberts, Bal 2B
3B Martin Prado, Atl 2B, 3B, LF
SS Alcides Escobar, KC SS
IF Howard Kendrick, LAA 2B
LF Chris Coghlan, Fla LF, CF
CF Jayson Werth, Was RF, CF
RF Ben Francisco, Phi LF, RF
OF Shane Victorino, Phi CF
UTIL Ichiro Suzuki, Sea RF
UTIL Nelson Cruz, Tex RF, LF
BE Shin-Soo Choo, Cle RF
BE Michael Young, Tex 3B
BE Alfonso Soriano, ChC LF
BE David Murphy, Tex LF, RF

P Anibal Sanchez, Fla
P Jeremy Guthrie, Bal SP
SP Roy Halladay, Phi SP
SP Tim Lincecum, SF SP
SP Justin Verlander, Det
SP Dan Haren, LAA SP
SP Joel Pineiro*, LAA SP
RP Rafael Betancourt, Col RP
RP Scott Downs, LAA RP
RP Brian Fuentes, Oak
RP Koji Uehara, Bal RP
RP Matt Harrison, Tex SP, RP

DL Stephen Strasburg*, Was SP
DL Chase Utley*, Phi 2B DL15
Conrax
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade Help WHIR

Postby jimmycolorado » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:05 pm

You're hesitant to move Francisco? He's a nice player, but he hasn't proven himself like Choo has. I like Montero, and Castro is building his resume, but I would have no problem offering up Ben Francisco and/or Nelson Cruz (he's 31, not great for a keeper league, especially if he isn't juicing). On the flip side, if I had Montero and Castro, I probably wouldn't entertain an offer of Ben Francisco for either of my guys. I'd gladly take a Choo, in his prime, in a H2H league (Choo does most of his damage after the AS Break, in September, during the H2H playoffs), off your hands though.
jimmycolorado
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jasonpm311 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:01 pm

I would NOT do that trade. Choo will be a stud, and I don't think you're getting enough in return. Thanks for your help on mine.
jasonpm311
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TrippySG » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:57 pm

I see 2 sell high candidates in Kendrick and Soriano, and would definitely deal Francisco if you can (Brown is the OF of the future there). Which Montero? How long has this owner had these players? If the investment has been small on his end I could see a now for future trade where you get those 2 for someone who is playing regularly and well now. If the investment on his end has been holding onto these guys for a year or 2, then you're going to have to deal someone considerably better, and in all reality in a keeper league I think Werth is less valuable in the long run than a Castro/J. Montero combo at SS and C. Dont trade Choo or Cruz, they are both flat out studs and Cruz is crazy productive when healthy (18AB/HR last yr/17.7 career). A package with Posada would be great if you could pull it off, I wouldnt count on him too much after this yr.
TrippySG
College Coach
College Coach

Postby midwestpatsfan » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:30 pm

Thanks for looking at mine, sorry to get back to yours so late. I am new to the fantasy bball world and have not been apart of a keeper league so I am not sure if I will be much help. I know Francisco is young, but he is untradable? I disagree. Also, I would look to unload Soriano as he will come back down.
midwestpatsfan
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions