Analyze trade offer please!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Analyze trade offer please!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Analyze trade offer please!!!

Postby rgalanti21 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:05 am

Hey all,

This is a trade that was proposed to me in a yahoo fantasy league.

My team to give up-

Carl Crawford (OF Redsox) and Jordan Walden (RP Angels)

for

Juan Pierre (OF WhiteSox) and Jonathan Broxton (RP Dodgers)

I think that I should accept the trade because Crawford is doing GOD AWFUL and he doesn't look like he is going to put up much better numbers for a while. Pierre also is doing decent and will put up somewhat comparable numbers to Crawford when it is all said and done, which implys that Crawford actually starts producing. I don't really want to wait for Crawford because he is proving almost negative points in each game.

Also, Broxton will smoke Walden in producing saves and points, so that's an addition there.

Thoughts?
rgalanti21
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Analyze trade offer please!!!

Postby SleuterBomber » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:12 am

If this offer want sent to me I would hit decline without thinking twice.

Juan Pierre will not post similar numbers to Crawford. Crawford is one of the top 20 players in the game and should be BOUGHT right now, NOT sold.

Jordan Walden might not total as many saves as Broxton, but Jonathan Broxton worries me. This coming from a guy who stashed him away in his minor league system for two years in a Dynasty League knowing he would be filthy as a set up man/closer, he is not the same guy he was the first half of 2010 and all of 2008/2009. His heater sits in the low 90's instead of flirting with triple digits like it used to.

Jordan Walden is unproven and may not save as many games as Broxton, but he knows how to strike people out and the extra ~10 saves Broxton might contribute this season is not worth downgrading from a top 5 overall pick to Juan Pierre. It just doesn't make sense.

DO NOT sell Carl Crawford right now. You will NOT get close to fair value for him, and this guy is just banking on you being upset with his slow start. There's a reason you don't shuffle your roster after the first 10 games of the season. Guys like Pujols, Youkilis, Crawford, Hanley, etc. are off to very slow starts. DO NOT TRADE THEM.
SleuterBomber
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Xylo » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:38 am

This might be one of the worst trade offers that I've ever seen. I don't see how anyone in their right mind could even consider this trade.

Why not go trade Pujols for Bloomquist while you're at it?
Xylo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:02 am

rgalanti21 wrote:I think that I should accept the trade because Crawford is doing GOD AWFUL and he doesn't look like he is going to put up much better numbers for a while. Pierre also is doing decent and will put up somewhat comparable numbers to Crawford when it is all said and done, which implys[sic] that Crawford actually starts producing. I don't really want to wait for Crawford because he is proving almost negative points in each game.

My first reaction was to sigh and wish there were more people like this in my competitive leagues.
My second was to realize that if there were, they wouldn't be competitive.

Catch-22!
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

Postby 2011wahoo » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:04 am

Yeah go ahead and make that trade. Pierre has been a much better fantasy player than C-Craw over the years and you can definitely bank on Crawford hitting .180 the entire season, if you're lucky he will hit .210 with 6 HR and 22 RBI...but that's a stretch. If you have Pujols I would try and trade him for Tabata or Gomes if you can convince the Tabata/Gomes owner that Pujols might be able to hit .230 with 19 HR and 47 RBI. I fully expect Pujols to hit .210 with 12 HR and 32 RBI though.

*This is sarcasm by the way*
Last edited by 2011wahoo on Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
2011wahoo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby FantasyMVP » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:31 am

Simply put, that is a terrible offer and you should completely ignore it. I'd have that manager flagged as a crook and be weary of him from now on. The sample size is way too small to make a judgment on Crawford.

Will Crawford live up to his ADP? Probably not, but he will still be a top 30 player.
MY FANTASY SPORTS WEBSITE
http://www.fantasymvp.ca
FantasyMVP
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:37 am

A lot of people are starting to sell Crawford VERY low right now. It's folly, because he's much better then he's shown so far and is almost a cinch to turn things around; not to mention anyone with Crawford probably invested a first or second round pick in him. Don't even consider this trade.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TrippySG » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:07 am

2011wahoo wrote:Yeah go ahead and make that trade. Pierre has been a much better fantasy player than C-Craw over the years and you can definitely bank on Crawford hitting .180 the entire season, if you're lucky he will hit .210 with 6 HR and 22 RBI...but that's a stretch. If you have Pujols I would try and trade him for Tabata or Gomes if you can convince the Tabata/Gomes owner that Pujols might be able to hit .230 with 19 HR and 47 RBI. I fully expect Pujols to hit .210 with 12 HR and 32 RBI though.

*This is sarcasm by the way*

LOL, what he said
TrippySG
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions