MI dealing - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

MI dealing

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

MI dealing

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:24 pm

Deepish 12 team roto league, with MI/CI spots. I'm struggling at 2B/SS/MI...I have Utley (DL), SRod (doesn't play half the time), Bartlett and Alcides Escobar. Pretty poor. I'm deep at SP and CL, and am looking to make a deal with a team that is very thin there.

My potential proposal...either Hanson or Haren and Broxton for Rollins and Brian Roberts. If made, I'd likely drop SRod (can't deal with his PT woes) and Escobar and eventually Bartlett (once/if Utley comes back).

Thoughts?
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: MI dealing

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:13 am

Well, you're giving up a lot for two old, rickety players, but it just might be worth it. You'd also be able to pick up some useful, high upside guys when you drop Escobar, Bartlett, etc. This isn't a sexy move but I think it helps your team.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 51)

Postby johnlee1986 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:35 am

I like this trade, personally i like you Hanson and Broxton for Rollins and Roberts...

With Broxton, you're giving up a shaky closer who MIGHT or MIGHT NOT get you 25 saves... and in Roberts you're getting a player who MIGHT or MIGHT NOT stay healthy and keep doing what he's doing... but of the two bats over arms.

and same with Hanson for Rollins good deal but Bats over arrms.

i like it!
If you have a question or like my responses follow me @_johnlee on Twitter
johnlee1986
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kab21 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:11 am

I don't like rollins or Roberts this year so I say no to the deal. If you need MI help then try to find someone that thinks he is selling Yunel Escobar high. He won't steal a lot or hit a lot of HR's but he's going to keep hitting. I would even try to do the same with ACabrera. Some owner will think that he's selling high but in the end I think he'll outproduce Rollins and you can get him for less.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 175)

Postby FantasyMVP » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:47 am

I wouldn't target those infielders. Why don't you try getting Yunel Escobar on the cheap or better yet, since Furcal got injured you should consider taking a flier on Dee Gordon. He will be a stud if he gets called up, and it is a good gamble in your position. Also don't sleep on the prospects of Brett Lawrie getting called up. The Jays may trade Hill after declining his multi-year option and Encarnacion is a terrible play at 3rd defensively, so that can't last long. Come to think of it, try and ride the short term with Jason Nix if he is available.
MY FANTASY SPORTS WEBSITE
http://www.fantasymvp.ca
FantasyMVP
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:12 pm

I don't mind taking a flier on an up and coming guy, but the fact of the matter is I have no roster flexibility at this point, and need to trade for or pick up a guy that is guaranteed PT.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions