Jesus Montero, Hosmer, and Moustakas?!? Which one? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Jesus Montero, Hosmer, and Moustakas?!? Which one?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jesus Montero, Hosmer, and Moustakas?!? Which one?

Postby TheGhost » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:47 pm

Which one of these players will make the biggest impact when they are called up? If any of these guys gets called up will they all start? Would Montero being playing something other then catcher?
TheGhost
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 101)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jesus Montero, Hosmer, and Moustakas?!? Which one?

Postby kab21 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:16 pm

Montero will have the biggest impact imo. And even though Hosmer is in AAA I don't see him getting called up until August or September at the earliest.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 162)

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:43 pm

Montero's impact should/will be gigantic, especially if he sticks at C. About the most useful thing that could happen is if he catches a few days a week and DH's the rest. The Yankees obviously don't have room at 1B, but if he gets traded (not out of the question) he could be the everyday 1B/DH wherever he goes.

Basically his bat will play at 1B, don't worry about that. Prospects are never a sure thing, but Montero's got a special bat. He'll have an impact, and it's going to be big, the only question is for what team, and at which position.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

Postby TheGhost » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:48 pm

lane_anasazi2 wrote:Montero's impact should/will be gigantic, especially if he sticks at C. About the most useful thing that could happen is if he catches a few days a week and DH's the rest. The Yankees obviously don't have room at 1B, but if he gets traded (not out of the question) he could be the everyday 1B/DH wherever he goes.

Basically his bat will play at 1B, don't worry about that. Prospects are never a sure thing, but Montero's got a special bat. He'll have an impact, and it's going to be big, the only question is for what team, and at which position.

Man, why don't they call him up and play him at DH? He's gotta be better then that dork Jorge Posada!! ;-D
TheGhost
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby TheGhost » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:52 pm

TheGhost wrote:
lane_anasazi2 wrote:Montero's impact should/will be gigantic, especially if he sticks at C. About the most useful thing that could happen is if he catches a few days a week and DH's the rest. The Yankees obviously don't have room at 1B, but if he gets traded (not out of the question) he could be the everyday 1B/DH wherever he goes.

Man, why don't they call him up and play him at DH? He's gotta be better then that dork Jorge Posada!! ;-D

Oh, and my fear is that the Yanks will hold Montero in the minors until the trading deadline (letting him mash) and then let the bidding war begin. I'd like to see him up in late May/June at the latest. Thoughts?
TheGhost
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:58 pm

I don't know if you've noticed, but they're not exactly strapped for good hitters. If Montero keeps doing what he's doing and doesn't get traded, he's going to force himself into the lineup at some point.

-Jorge Posada gets hurt
-Russell Martin gets hurt
-Jorge Posada goes through a prolonged slump
-Russell Martin goes through a prolonged slump

What are the odds none of those things happen before the All-Star break?
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:57 am

I would say Montero then Moustakas then Hosmer

Montero as everyone and myself seem to notice, is that it is dependent on him being traded...Though the Yankees should bring him up now so I can grab him...

I think Hosmer wont make any impact until 2012, Moustakas (late season) and Montero being called up the soonest, but only God knows when...Pray for a posada / martin injury.

hope this helps you out

viewtopic.php?t=427339
CubsFan4Life23
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 159)

Postby MaudDib » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:11 am

I think Montero is the best hitter then Hosmer and Moustakas. I think Moustakas will be the first one called up this year with Montero getting the call sometime either after being traded or after an injury. Hosmer won't be up until next year unless he is just killing AAA and then we can reevaluate then.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 369)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions