Trade Carlos Santana? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade Carlos Santana?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade Carlos Santana?

Postby bradcote » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:28 pm

I play in a 6-team Roto AL-only league that scores on HR, R, RBI, SB, W, IP, SV, and K.

My roster currently looks like this:
C--Victor Martinez
1B--Kevin Youkilis
2B--Ian Kinsler
3B--Adrian Beltre
SS--Alcides Escobar
OF--Nelson Cruz
OF--Nick Markakis
OF--Denard Span
Util--Howie Kendrick
BN--Adam Dunn
BN--Carlos Santana
BN--Michael Cuddyer
BN--Reid Brignac
BN--Jason Kubel
BN--Josh Willingham
SP--Jon Lester
SP--Max Scherzer
SP--Edwin Jackson
RP--Neftali Feliz
BN--Gio Gonzalez
BN--Brandon Morrow
BN--Jose Valverde

I feel confident with most of my roster, but I have definate holes at SS, OF, and would like another frontline starting pitcher if possible. I have strength at C (with Carlos Santana sitting on my bench) and 3B (I could move Beltre and still have Youk at 3B and Adam Dunn at 1B). I was looking to make a trade with another team where I would get Carl Crawford and he would get Santana and Valverde. He has a weak catcher (Wieters) and closers (Matt Capps and Andrew Bailey), so I thought this was pretty fair. Is this a reasonable trade? Would anybody have examples of OF or a SP that would be a fair trade if I were to trade Carlos Santana and/or Adrian Beltre? If someone could respond with their thoughts, it would be great. Thanks! :)
bradcote
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Carlos Santana?

Postby bradcote » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:53 pm

bump
bradcote
T-Ball Trainer

Postby 684 Mafia » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:01 pm

you might want to wait a little while for Santana's numbers to "fatten up." I'm currently trying to trade for him to replace Posada on my team. I am trying to do it now because I have an arguing point. Right now if you compare stats between them two it is esentially a toss up. Although Santana is likely the better man, the numbers don't show yet.

So I personally would wait for his stock to increase, then target a team with a weak catcher, and they will pay for him....I think a lot of people overrate catchers simply because they are the only position you have one of on standard leagues. So people think they "have" to have a good one which isn't necessarily the case. I'm not willing to give up players like Carlos Lee ect for Santana. Then I have to spend a week finding an outfielder. There are only about 5 teams that have an advantageous catcher on their team, and it's not that big of an advantage.
684 Mafia
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:11 pm

I don't think that will be enough of a return for the other owner to deal Crawford, but it doesn't hurt to try... he may be more worried about Crawford's slow start then he should be.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions