rate my team (and my first trade) WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

rate my team (and my first trade) WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

rate my team (and my first trade) WHIR

Postby bigdawg78 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:05 pm

ok i already made a trade (probably dumb to do so early in the season) but i thought i needed it... so ill tell you my current team (and at the end ill put the trade that i did as well)... this is a 10 team H2H points based (CBS scoring system)

C- Carlos Santana
1B- Justin Morneau
2B- Gordon Beckham
3B- Placido Polanco (because Longoria is hurt)
SS- Elvis Andrus
OF- Ryan Braun
OF- Matt Holliday
OF- Andrew McCutchen
U- Logan Morrison

(2 of my 5 bench players are hitters): Evan Longoria (eventual 3B), Kendrys Morales (eventual Util) both on DL till probably the start of May though

SP- Bronson Arroyo
SP- John Danks
SP- Paul Maholm
SP- Shaun Marcum
SP- Ricky Romero
RP- John Axford
RP- Heath Bell

(3 of my bench 5 are pitchers): Zach Greinke (hurt), Jake Peavy (hurt), and Jordan Zimmerman

the trade i made was Prince Fielder for Kendrys Morales and Zach Greinke (both hurt and i dont expect them back until May...but i thought i needed more pitching,.. and they both seem to be in the recovery process..)

what do you think?? (and leave a link i will help/rate in return)
if you cant hang with the bigdawg get on the porch :)
bigdawg78
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: rate my team (and my first trade) WHIR

Postby Jhey88 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:40 pm

I don't think that the trade you made was necessarily a bad deal. From looking at your roster it seems clear to me (as you stated) that pitching is going to be your biggest need. Once Greinke returns (now saying last week in April) he will be able to give you a boost in almost every pitching category. If I were you I'd start looking on the waiver wire to see if there are any good options for you to add some quality starting pitchers. I was able to pick up Matt Harrison for the rangers and he is off to a great start with a sub 2 era. Search for some sleeper pitchers that may not have already been picked up and you should be fine. Last season my buddy who won the league added a probable pitcher with a favorable matchup almost every day of the week. If your league always this I might suggest that if your SP's start to falter. You should be able to get solid numbers with your lineup until Longoria returns from what I see.
Jhey88
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Re: rate my team (and my first trade) WHIR

Postby BiGAnT » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:36 am

Somewhat of a risky move (I say this because Fielder could have a HUGE year with it being his contract year and everything), BUT definitely a solid one overall..you definitely needed the pitching and Greinke will without a doubt help you out a lot, especially with the move to the NL now...other than that I definitely like your team and love your outfield!

Good luck :-)
Philippians 4:13
BiGAnT
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team