Matt Holliday Trade...WHIR!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Matt Holliday Trade...WHIR!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Matt Holliday Trade...WHIR!!!

Postby gopackgo11 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:06 pm

I am thinking about giving Hunter Pence and Jay Bruce for Matt Holliday and Joel Hanrahan. I already have McCutchen and Lind in the OF with Alex Gordon, Andres Torres, and Luke Scott on the bench. I could use the closer help. Do you think this is worth it or too much? Post your link and i'd be happy to help.
gopackgo11
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Matt Holliday Trade...WHIR!!!

Postby sconnor » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:01 pm

I think you are giving up a little to much, however what other closers do you have on your team. Also How deep of a league are you in and what kind of scoring format. I really think bruce will give you close to Holliday numbers this year and Pence to me could really breakout out this year, as far as Hanrahan he is good but I would really like to see him close for a full year plus how many chances will he get with the Pirates
sconnor
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gopackgo11 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:12 pm

Thanks, I ended up rejecting but he told me offer is still on the table if i wanted to revisit...any other thoughts???
gopackgo11
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby sconnor » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:55 am

Well you could look into who the cardinals backup closer is, with their closer struggling they may look to replace him. Also Paplebon may be had for pretty cheap. I got him in my league in the 14th rd. His k/ip numbers are back up so i think he is gonna turn it around. What kind of scoring system is your league running? Lastly with your strong outfield check the rosters of your other league members and see who needs outfield help. Then see what kind of pitching they have. Right now Mccuthchen is really a hot name and his production is good but really compare it to the rest of your guys and you may be surprised at how close alot of their numbers are.
sconnor
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions