Podcasts - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Podcasts

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Podcasts

Postby lastingsgriller » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:59 am

Lately I have been getting into podcasts as they are great time killers at work..

wondering if anyone has any good one's that they listen to and would recommend.
P.S. I would prefer them to be available on itunes. that way i don't have to do the work of finding and downloading new episodes. itunes manages all that for me.

Currently I listen to:

Espn Fantasy Focus - not any ground breaking information and Matthew Berry is kind of a numbskull, but it's entertaining and obviously i enjoy the subject matter. Nate Ravitz is aiight.

Espn Baseball today - usually pretty bad, i only listen when I run out of other stuff to listen to.

WTF with Marc Maron - funny show, great guests.. just getting into it, but i think it has a bright future with me.

The B.S. report with bill simmons - kind of an annoying voice, but simmons is pretty funny and usually has pretty good takes on stuff..

89.3 the current - Musicheads - about the best show talking about new music that I can find.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Podcasts

Postby woodson_28 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:02 pm

the website howstuffworks.com has some decent podcast: Stuff You Should Know and Tech Stuff. They have a few others, but those are the only two I care for.

Also, they are no longer making new podcast, but for entertainment, 'Scene Unseen Movies Reviews' was a great podcast. They still have everything backlogged. But I'm not sure how entertaining it would be to listen to movie reviews of movies released 2+ yrs ago, but you could give it a shot.
woodson_28
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Podcasts

Postby jfg » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:21 pm

Musicheads is pretty good. I like Sound Opinions as well.

The Best Show on WFMU is excellent and if you're not into listening to a full 3 hour call-in show, they have a Best Show Gems podcast that just takes the best comedy bits from the archives. This is some of the funniest stuff ever written.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Return to General Talk