Cano for Pedroia and Ellsbury - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Cano for Pedroia and Ellsbury

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Cano for Pedroia and Ellsbury

Postby royalty » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:54 pm

I made the deal. Wahoo, i commented on your post. Thanks for the help, now I have too many outfielders. Too bad everyone in my league are blue jay fans and hate them some Rios and Wells (set the franchise back 5 years with their under achieving).
1B: Butler
2B: Pedroia
3B: Longoria
SS: Andrus
C: Mccann
OF: Braun
OF: Rios
OF: Elsbury
UTIL: Gordon
BN: Wallace
SP: Lee
SP: Carpenter
RP: Bell
RP: Putz
P: Colby Lewis
P: Madson
P: Francisco
BN: Ogando
BN: Brett Myers
BN: Hammel
BN: Britton
royalty
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CeeGee » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:16 am

I'm not sold on Elsbury. Yeah he might get you some steals, IF he can stay healthy... Pedroia for Cano is a large gap in production IMO. I don't see Pedroia having any more MVP Seasons. I don't claim to be the greatest, all knowing person of baseball haha, but just my opinion. Robby Cano is a Top 5 fantasy player, and he plays a position, 2B, where its usually pretty hard to get great fantasy numbers.
CeeGee
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby jruffus1 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:58 am

CeeGee wrote:I'm not sold on Elsbury. Yeah he might get you some steals, IF he can stay healthy... Pedroia for Cano is a large gap in production IMO. I don't see Pedroia having any more MVP Seasons. I don't claim to be the greatest, all knowing person of baseball haha, but just my opinion. Robby Cano is a Top 5 fantasy player, and he plays a position, 2B, where its usually pretty hard to get great fantasy numbers.

How can you be so sold on Robinson Cano? Has he ever proven himself to be "MVP worthy" before last season? No, in fact a lot of Yankee fans wanted him out during those years. Pedroia has been the most productive member of the Sox to this point and is showing no aftereffects of his injury.
jruffus1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 64)

Postby midwestpatsfan » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Thanks for checking mine, sorry I am getting to the party late. I think you have your answer. You have to make this trade. Ellsbury for free is a sweet deal. Drop Madsen and you are golden.
midwestpatsfan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby HOOTIE » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:45 pm

With only 3 keepers, you have to keep 3 studs. I would have kept Cano. I like Pedroia, but only keeping 3, give me Cano.
Ellsbury is really overrated imo.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby whofox » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:27 pm

I'd say keep Cano, too, although if Jacoby puts up 70 Steals that would tip the scales. You can also try posting trade offers like this at [url]tradebashers.com[/url] where they have a voting system in place so that you can see exactly how many people would prefer one side of the trade or the other.
whofox
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby FantasyMVP » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:54 am

I wouldn't touch that trade, Cano is miles ahead of Pedroia and Ellsbury provides a cheap stat in SB. Looks like you have a bunch of BoSox fans with their hopes up replying. Cano is a special player, and an incredible keeper.
MY FANTASY SPORTS WEBSITE
http://www.fantasymvp.ca
FantasyMVP
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby jruffus1 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:34 pm

Im from NYC, and I think that its a trade that should be accepted. I love the Yankees, but after one GREAT year Cano has automatically transformed into an all-star player? I don't buy that. When you look at stats so far this season, it is not like Cano is blasting homers out of the park left and right. Besides last year (where they were both injured), Pedroia and Ellsbury have put up great numbers almost every single season. I am just staying that no one really has the right to say that Cano is a "special" player unless he gives us at least a couple more years of such success.
jruffus1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 64)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions