Game of Thrones (definite book spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Game of Thrones (definite book spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Game of Thrones (definite book spoilers)

Postby jfg » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:52 pm

So just to make sure nobody who doesn't want to see spoilers.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

Got it? Good.

So it was revealed to me that Joffrey is killed at his wedding. It sucks, up until now I've been avoiding spoilers. So, how soon into next season will that take place and is it as big of a spoiler as I think it is? I'm worried that a huge plot of season 3 is no longer a secret to me.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 95)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bleach168 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:13 pm

jfg wrote:So just to make sure nobody who doesn't want to see spoilers.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

Got it? Good.

So it was revealed to me that Joffrey is killed at his wedding. It sucks, up until now I've been avoiding spoilers. So, how soon into next season will that take place and is it as big of a spoiler as I think it is? I'm worried that a huge plot of season 3 is no longer a secret to me.

It sets up a very interesting series of events. It should happen early in the season.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:12 pm

I'm glad Joffrey's wedding takes place next season. For a while I thought Joffrey's death would happen in the season finale to somewhat even out the impact of the Red Wedding for the Stark fans.

Mookie4ever wrote:I really really hope that they cut Lady Stoenheart out of the series. She really isn't needed in the books or the show and I'm not fond of the actress. Knowing how many more storylines are going to arise I would rather the show concentrate on a few of them and abandon others.

I liked the Lady Stoneheart reveal at the end of A Storm of Swords. It was a perfect WTF moment. I'm glad that's saved until the end of Season 4.

I'm unsure how LS would fit for the rest of the series, as she only appeared once or twice in A Feast For Crows. There are still a couple of storylines in the last two books that are of need of further development and I'm hopeful LS gets a proper story.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 623)

Postby bigken117 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:01 am

got books 4 & 5 for Christmas. just finished book 4. Other than Cersei, not a single character has their plot advanced, none of the new characters are interesting (save the Iron Islands and they aren't even in the second half), and I want the time back in my life for all I read on Brienne. Book 5 is daunting, more pages, smaller font, but at least Tyrion and Dany are in it,

I know how it runs in parallel to book 4 up to a point where they merge, so hopefully I don't feel so wasted at the end.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 251)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:05 pm

bigken117 wrote:got books 4 & 5 for Christmas. just finished book 4. Other than Cersei, not a single character has their plot advanced, none of the new characters are interesting (save the Iron Islands and they aren't even in the second half), and I want the time back in my life for all I read on Brienne. Book 5 is daunting, more pages, smaller font, but at least Tyrion and Dany are in it,

I know how it runs in parallel to book 4 up to a point where they merge, so hopefully I don't feel so wasted at the end.

Book 5 is equally as frustrating to read as Book 4 for pretty much the same reasons you stated, even if Tyrion, Dany, and Jon Snow are in it. I've thought of trying to read Books 4 and 5 in tandem (one chapter at a time) but haven't gotten around to that.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigken117 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:10 pm

Thanks for the motivation :-/

Play Pick 3!

Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bleach168 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:56 am

There's a long dry spell in book 5, but it's leagues better than book 4. You'll know you're in the dry spell when Tyrion is wondering about the color of turtles.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:29 pm

Game of Thrones Season 4 trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZY43QSx3Fk

Not quite how I envisioned Oberyn Martell to look like, but there are a couple of teases at his epic fight vs. The Mountain. Can't wait. I certainly hope the TV series does a better job in portraying the Martells than what GRRM did for Books 4 and 5.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby bigken117 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:15 am

With everything that happens in the books this could be the best season to date.

Just watched the Pilot episode again this time with my wife, who after Bran's fall now wants to see what happens :-)

Play Pick 3!

Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

Postby bigken117 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:14 pm

Book 5 was infinitely better than book 4, it will be interesting to see how everything ties together in Book 6. The epilogue for book 6 may have been the best chapter in book 5 :-b

Play Pick 3!

Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk