How to handle blind bid pick ups - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

How to handle blind bid pick ups

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How to handle blind bid pick ups

Postby bloul11 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:46 pm

We have for years used blind bidding by emailing the commish our bids for players once a week and trusting that he doesn't accidentally open the email. It also seems it would give commish a slight edge because he know what everyone's bid habits are and also can see name other teams are interested in that they didn't win and will be available still next week. Its also a burden to commish to have to make those happen every week before games start on Monday.
Any ideas on who to make this better or at least more fair? We tried automated on CBS but they don't handle our waivers the way we want(don't have to bid on a dropped player the first week he is available to lowest rank to that claims him @same price as he was before). We thought CBS would work great but we are just going to have to change to many rules to accommodate them(should be reverse I think as a paying customer)
I wish there was just a way to have a league email that would only unlock at certain time on transaction day for everyone to log into and see who they won.
Any suggestions welcome
bloul11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How to handle blind bid pick ups

Postby bigmck » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:28 am

My league has used CBS for several years and think it is great. If you have unusual rules, you are not going to find a site that will accomodate you. No site can cater to what everyone wants. We have some unusual rules but you just need to make them "normal enough" to comform to a sites requirements. == I do agree that emails are not the answer. They can be accidently openned or worse. I have heard some good things about Fantrax and intend to give them a try next year. There is a thread here concerning the site. Keep your eye on it.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 62)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner