Top 5 Players in 5 years - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Top 5 Players in 5 years

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Top 5 Players in 5 years

Postby Robert20 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:15 am

Top 5 players in 5 seasons.


1. Bryce Harper
2. Stephen Strasburg
3. Jason Heyward
4. Mike Moustakas
5. David Price (I think he'll be like the Halladay of today at that time aka the vet ace)

What do you guys think?
Robert20
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 10
Joined: 10 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Top 5 Players in 5 years

Postby Havok1517 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:20 pm

In fantasy, I say Harper, Heyward, Price, Strasburg, Mous

Robert20 wrote:Top 5 players in 5 seasons.


1. Bryce Harper
2. Stephen Strasburg
3. Jason Heyward
4. Mike Moustakas
5. David Price (I think he'll be like the Halladay of today at that time aka the vet ace)

What do you guys think?
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8529
(Past Year: 133)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Top 5 Players in 5 years

Postby the ROC » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:21 am

I think you can't forget about guys like Braun, Votto, Lincecum, Fielder, Tulo, Wright, Longoria, King Felix, McCutchen, Upton, etc.
Image

I made a bet in 2003 that the Devil Rays would win the 2008 World Series. Oh so close.
the ROC
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 926
Joined: 8 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Defending my Baseball, Football, and Hockey Fantasy Championships

Re: Top 5 Players in 5 years

Postby Curtis Pride » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:15 pm

Bryce Harper is barely 18 and struggling in low A ball. To think that he'll be one of the 5 best players in baseball when he's 23 is a massive stretch.

I'd say: Strasburg, Heyward, Josh Johnson, Justin Upton, and Tulo would be my guesses.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1363
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 19 May 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Top 5 Players in 5 years

Postby Niffoc4 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:46 pm

Why does everyone have multiple pitchers in their top 5? Heyward, Strasburg, Braun, Tulowitzki and Hanley would be mine.
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1700
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 26 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Top 5 Players in 5 years

Postby mblax10 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:53 am

Niffoc4 wrote:Why does everyone have multiple pitchers in their top 5? Heyward, Strasburg, Braun, Tulowitzki and Hanley would be mine.


I think it's a pretty long shot for Hanley to still be a SS in 5 years. His numbers aren't going to be top 5 at 3B or LF.
mblax10
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 422
Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Top 5 Players in 5 years

Postby Niffoc4 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:28 am

mblax10 wrote:
Niffoc4 wrote:Why does everyone have multiple pitchers in their top 5? Heyward, Strasburg, Braun, Tulowitzki and Hanley would be mine.


I think it's a pretty long shot for Hanley to still be a SS in 5 years. His numbers aren't going to be top 5 at 3B or LF.
If Jeter can stay through his career why not Hanley?
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1700
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 26 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Top 5 Players in 5 years

Postby mblax10 » Sun May 01, 2011 10:55 am

Niffoc4 wrote:
mblax10 wrote:
Niffoc4 wrote:Why does everyone have multiple pitchers in their top 5? Heyward, Strasburg, Braun, Tulowitzki and Hanley would be mine.


I think it's a pretty long shot for Hanley to still be a SS in 5 years. His numbers aren't going to be top 5 at 3B or LF.
If Jeter can stay through his career why not Hanley?


You can argue a 36 year old Jeter is a better defender than a 27 year old Hanley. With his work ethic, Hanley will be a complete butcher in the field in the next few years.
mblax10
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 422
Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Top 5 Players in 5 years

Postby RedHopeful » Mon May 02, 2011 1:16 am

J. Heyward, J. Upton, T. Tulowitzki, C. Kershaw, B Harper
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3275
(Past Year: 84)
Joined: 11 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Hank Aaron's backyard

Re: Top 5 Players in 5 years

Postby asw37 » Tue May 10, 2011 12:59 am

anthony rendon, lincecum, braun, Andrew McCutchen, Tulo
asw37
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 64
Joined: 6 Jan 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact