WHIP , Rate my roster (1b and SP) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

WHIP , Rate my roster (1b and SP)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

WHIP , Rate my roster (1b and SP)

Postby 3rice » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:35 am

Daily, 6x5 Head to Head, 10 team league (23 rds) Sb's, Runs, RBI's, HR's, OBP, BA x Wins, Saves, K's, WHIP, ERA.

Couple of questions here going into the season:

1. 1B - I got lucky with getting a Napol/Montero combo b/c Morneau was a risky pick who seems to still be settling in , but he was also the best 1B left in the mid rounds who had considerable power. I also backed the position up with Lind whos 1b elgible (and could have a bounce back year and has alot of power) and late pick young Ike Davis. My question here is, whats the predicted line on Morneau for the year? Im hoping I can get at least 20-25 hr's with a .280 avg but that could also be what Ike gives me, and chances are Ike is going to become expendable when Longoria comes off the DL.

2. Chone Figgins , is down right scary right now, I picked him up late rounds looking for speed and runs but he is another player who could become expendable once FF and Longoria come off DL.

3. Starting pitching , Always looking to improve your back end guys. Right now I love my 3 and Chacin seems like another young gun to watch. Meanwhile I have Edwin Jackson who has had 2 pretty nice starts in a row who plays on a team who should score alot of runs. However he finished with a 5+ ERA last year and only had a handful of wins. Sell high?

Then there's my 6 with James Shields who I had last year who was a roller coaster but everything I read says that his numbers last year were a bi-product of alot of things going wrong in Tampa.

Heres what the WW is looking like , Lackey ,Haarang , Masterson (who I like alot this year) , J A Happ , Chris Young , D. Bradden , Zito , Chris Navareson , Carmoana (somthing about him )

I will help and respond to anyone who responds to me....appreciate it guys , and good luck on the season.
-r

C - Miguel Montero - Ari
1b- Mike Napoli - Tex
2b- Brandon Philips - Cin
3b- Pablo Sandoval - SF
SS- Jose Reyes - NyM
Of- Alex Rios - ChW
Of- Adam Lind - Tor
Of- Nick Markakis - Bal
Utility - Starlin Castro - ChC
Utility - Alfonso Soriano - ChC

Bench:
Matt Holiday OF - Stl (soon to be back?)
Justin Morneau 1B - Min
Chone Figgins 2B/3B - Sea
Ike Davis 1B - NyM
DL: Evan Longoria 3b - TB

Starters:
Chris Carpenter Stl SP
Jon Lester Bos Sp
Chad Billingsley LaD SP
Jhoulys Chacin Col SP
Edwin Jackson ChW SP

CL:
Joe Nathan Min RP
Chris Perez Cle RP

P: Joel Hanrahan Pit RP

Bench:
James Shields Tb SP

DL: Frank Francisco Tor RP
DL: Brandon Webb Tex SP
3rice
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: WHIP , Rate my roster (1b and SP)

Postby billycent » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:00 pm

Yes... sell high on Jackson if the opportunity presents itself (for another strong OF if possible)... he's about as reliable as a '88 Plymouth Sundance. HOLD ON TO IKE! And absolutely make room for either Narveson or Masterson... I prefer Narveson myself (pitches in weak NL central for good offense and both have comparable stuff imo). I'd show Figgins the door. Love your top 3 pitchers. All things considered... nice squad and good luck. Take a look at mine.

viewtopic.php?t=426934
billycent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team