Am I drinking too much Kool Aid for considering this? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Am I drinking too much Kool Aid for considering this? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Am I drinking too much Kool Aid for considering this? WHIR

Postby 910BronxBomber » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:08 pm

I can't decide if this trade offer I recently received helps me, or hurts me. I'm a Manny victim, so naturally I'm trying to find some depth. The league is a 16 team dynasty, that counts BB, R, XBH, HR, RBI, SB, and AVG.

The offer is Johnny Damon, Danny Espinosa, and Rajai Davis for Delmon Young and Ian Desmond.

My logic for the trade is simple. I think damon eventually takes over as the full time DH in tampa, when Jennings gets called up in July. Espinosa is legit, and doesn't really need any explanation, although I worry he may become trade bait to free up time for Stephen Lombardozzi as the Nationals really need a leadoff hitter. Davis I would want for his speed. What I cant decide, is if I'm selling Desmond too low here.

If you'd like help in return, please leave a link.
-910BB
910BronxBomber
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Am I drinking too much Kool Aid for considering this? WH

Postby MaudDib » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:08 pm

I think it is an ok trade. It looks like you are giving up a little of production for more depth which is ok as long as those guys do what you hope they will do. Personally, I would rather stick with the guys you have an find someone off the WW to fill Manny's hole. In the next 4-6 weeks, there will be a round of minor league call ups that could be big time producers and having a roster spot to grab one of them would be nice.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby 910BronxBomber » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:24 pm

MaudDib wrote:I think it is an ok trade. It looks like you are giving up a little of production for more depth which is ok as long as those guys do what you hope they will do. Personally, I would rather stick with the guys you have an find someone off the WW to fill Manny's hole. In the next 4-6 weeks, there will be a round of minor league call ups that could be big time producers and having a roster spot to grab one of them would be nice.

This was my first idea, but most of the guys with a legit shot at being called up, have already been stashed. The league is fairly active which hurts the 'wait and see' approach a little.
910BronxBomber
College Coach
College Coach

Postby StealingHome » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:57 pm

Wow, this is a tough one. Personally, I don't think that I'd do it. Maybe I think that you are giving up some known production for some unknowns.
StealingHome
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby woowoo crew » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:58 pm

Thanks for helping out on mine. I would not do this trade. I'm not a Davis fan, and the only stat category he really helps in is steals. Call me crazy, but I really like D. YOung this year. Desmond is a decent SS and should give you good RBIs and some HR. I'd sit tight.

So, in the end, would you drop Buchholz for Jackson? I really don't have another guy I can drop. I am not crazy about having 2 catchers, but I have two studs, so I'm playing them while they're hot. Thanks again. viewtopic.php?t=426822
C: Gattis
1B: Abreu
2B: Utley
SS: Dee
3B: Encarnacion
UTIL: Dickerson, Chris Davis
OF: Stanton, Heyward, Polanco
BN: Arenado, Chisenhall, Blackmon, Calhoun
P: Cueto, Strasburg, Cliff Lee, Wood, Latos, Kuechel, Kluber, Arrieta, Ross
RP: Kimbrel, Uehara
woowoo crew
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 910BronxBomber » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:52 pm

StealingHome wrote:Wow, this is a tough one. Personally, I don't think that I'd do it. Maybe I think that you are giving up some known production for some unknowns.

Pretty much how I feel. It was nice seeing Desmond go yard tonight, maybe there's something there after all.
910BronxBomber
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pizzaboy76 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:16 am

I think you need to pass on the trade. I can't see it improving and at the weak SS position Desmond should go 15/15 with 20/20 upside.

Thanks for help with mine.
pizzaboy76
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 71)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions