what's the situation with Napoli? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

what's the situation with Napoli?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

what's the situation with Napoli?

Postby jpbusta » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:11 am

I haven't been keeping up with MLB since 2006 and I am going back to the states this summer so I came back to fantasy baseball :P

I've been trying to figure things out and what's the deal with Napoli?

Is he platooning with Torrealba? Seems like Napoli was on fire and he has missed the last few games. :-?

I saw few of the games at the beginning of the season and he looked good at the plate so I'm wondering what the situation is like in texas.
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: what's the situation with Napoli?

Postby lastingsgriller » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:24 am

long story short, he's not their catcher and theres just not enough DH/1B time to go around in texas. he'll be productive when he plays, but wont get as much playing time as you or I hope.

michael young needs to get injured. that would help.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby lastingsgriller » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:26 am

lastingsgriller wrote:long story short, he's not their catcher and theres just not enough DH/1B time to go around in texas. he'll be productive when he plays, but wont get as much playing time as you or I hope.

I think I heard somewhere that texas only plans on catching him 40-50 games this year.

michael young needs to get injured. that would help.
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby gatorgreenwell » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:56 am

Fangraphs.com thinks that 1B Chris Davis will be called up as soon as/if Michael Young is dealt, assuming Davis isn't dealt himself.

http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/index. ... mathieson/
gatorgreenwell
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:24 pm

You'd like to see him in the lineup more often than he has been so far, but I think you know there's going to be playing time issues with any catcher. I'd say he still logs around 400 ABs when all is said and done which should make him plenty productive as a non-elite catcher.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby lastingsgriller » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:40 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:You'd like to see him in the lineup more often than he has been so far, but I think you know there's going to be playing time issues with any catcher. I'd say he still logs around 400 ABs when all is said and done which should make him plenty productive as a non-elite catcher.

Thing about napoli is that he'll probably hit 20-25 bombs in those 400 ABs... which is as good as your goona get at catcher..

if you can have someone like posada to platoon with him you could end up with more production out of the C spot than the elite fellows..
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:50 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:
CBMGreatOne wrote:You'd like to see him in the lineup more often than he has been so far, but I think you know there's going to be playing time issues with any catcher. I'd say he still logs around 400 ABs when all is said and done which should make him plenty productive as a non-elite catcher.

Thing about napoli is that he'll probably hit 20-25 bombs in those 400 ABs... which is as good as your goona get at catcher..

if you can have someone like posada to platoon with him you could end up with more production out of the C spot than the elite fellows..

Yeah, I would agree on that. If you are in a deep enough league to justify 2 roster spots on a catcher, that could be a good way to maximize production.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby baseball77 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:27 pm

It's really frustrating watching him hit bombs in the games he plays in and then not seeing him for the next 2-3 games... Come on Ron!
baseball77
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Padsin05 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:51 pm

I have deep rosters, I platoon him with Buck. If Napoli is playing hes in there, if not Buck is in there.

Daily leagues make this possible
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)

Postby Ender » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:13 am

Considering he has about league average R/RBI in part time play the 25 HR combined with the .250 AVG isn't really all that valuable. As odd as it sounds the 4-6 SB is what really makes him worth owning to me, that pushes him over the other dregs you'll own in 1 C leagues without paying good money for them. In a 2 C league he is obviously a good commodity though.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers