Should I consider trading Pujols? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Should I consider trading Pujols?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Should I consider trading Pujols?

Postby Surfs up » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:50 am

I was just offer a trade of Brett Wallace and his # 1 pick for next year. I would have to give him Albert and a pick back. We can't trade a pick without giving one back.This guys team isn't very good so I'm pretty sure I would get one of the top three or four players avalible that include
Cliff lee
Votto
Longoria
Wright
Pedoria
Youkilis
Jay Bruce
J. johnson

Pujols has one more year left after this year he can be kept. Anybody drafted can be kept a total of four years. I have had him two fullyears .
My other first baseman is Miggy and I have Morales on the DL .I might be able to get him to include an upgrade in pitching.Although he can be very hard to trade with.
Standard 5x 5 mixed. Thoughts?
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 195)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should I consider trading Pujols?

Postby johnlee1986 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:11 am

If you're league only has one 1B and 1 Util I would definitely consider trading Pujols (even if it has 2 Util).

I wouldn't go for Brett Wallace, since you already have 2 1B, but definitely try to upgrade your pitching, and i mean if he doesn't take the bite on the upgrade on pitching, wait until he gets hot and shop him around....

Just make sure you get full value for Pujols cause even though he's started the year slow... we all know he's still going to hit 40+ hrs and 100+ rbis
If you have a question or like my responses follow me @_johnlee on Twitter
johnlee1986
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Surfs up » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:26 am

We hit 15 and pitch 10 with no bench. We have the usual infield but we also have two CI along with two MI and one UTL that can be any position.I have Miggy, Pujols and Moreland at my three corner spots. With Morales on the DL.
His pitchers are Bedard, De LaRosa, Hanson, Lackey, Marmol, Naverson, Nathan, Stauffer, Tillman, Zambrano with Jimenez and Jurrjens on the DL
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MaudDib » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:55 am

It seems kind of early to already be looking towards next year. I would keep Pujols and if you aren't in it by July then i try and make this kind of deal. But I would hate to already be throwing in the towel.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby Surfs up » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:16 am

Not really throwing in the towel. Just trying to take advantage of Alberts full value knowing how my league mates operate. When healthy Morales isn't that huge of a drop off from Pujols.
Just trying to see if having somebody like Longoria, Cliff Lee,Wright, Votto or Youlikis for four years in worth Pujols for two years.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby fantasybaseballking » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:33 pm

When healthy Morales isn't that huge of a drop off from Pujols.
Just trying to see if having somebody like Longoria, Cliff Lee,Wright, Votto or Youlikis for four years in worth Pujols for two years.

Well, a couple things here....

1. When healthy, there is a HUGE difference between Pujols and only...maybe 2 batters? (Joey Votto and Miguel Cabrera)
2. Brett Wallace is nowhere near the return you should be getting. Wallace could eventually be a nice player and make an All-Star game or two, but he's not stud to build around.
3. I'd do what you are currently thinking- go after one of those 4-year stars, but make sure you also get a prospect! My personal suggestion would be Albert Pujols for David Wright (he has two 3B) + at least 1 (if not 2) prospects. Getting a second may admittedly be difficult since he'd only have Pujols for one season.
Owner: http://www.thefantasybaseballking.com
Columnist: Fantasy Baseball Dugout, Razzball, Dobber Baseball, FantasyBaseball.com, Pro Fantasy Baseball

Follow me on Twitter: @fantasybking
Like my Facebook Page: http://on.fb.me/l7Tv5L
fantasybaseballking
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Surfs up » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:03 pm

The players that I listed that I could get are the players that will be going back to the draft next year. Not players the other owner has. I might be able to get another player other than Wallace. I would put Morales at first or CI with Miggy and moreland at the other corner spots and maybe get a better player and an upgrade at pitcher.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby fantasybaseballking » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:11 pm

I'd love to help, but right now all I'm really getting from this is: "Should I trade Albert Pujols for Brett Wallace and Player X"

Can you give us some other trade options for better analysis?

Thanks, and good luck! ;-D
Owner: http://www.thefantasybaseballking.com
Columnist: Fantasy Baseball Dugout, Razzball, Dobber Baseball, FantasyBaseball.com, Pro Fantasy Baseball

Follow me on Twitter: @fantasybking
Like my Facebook Page: http://on.fb.me/l7Tv5L
fantasybaseballking
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions