Donald Trump for President? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Donald Trump for President?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Donald Trump for President?

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:02 pm

knapplc wrote:Absolutely he wasn't, which is why I'm asking who it's going to be. Any ideas?

Trump :-b
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:32 pm

knapplc wrote:Absolutely he wasn't, which is why I'm asking who it's going to be. Any ideas?

If I had to guess right now, I'd say Pawlenty, but I'm certainly not confident of that.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Skin Blues » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:50 pm

thedude wrote:
knapplc wrote:Also, I think people are on the right track that Obama is "beatable" in 2012. He failed to follow through on his "hopey/changey" (to quote Sarah Palin) stuff, his transparent government is a brick wall, Guantanamo is still open (and they're doing military tribunals), and overall the country is kinda blah. So he's not untouchable.

The problem is, who's going to beat him? It won't be Palin and/or Trump, because neither are going to run. It won't be Romney, because he was the architect of Obamacare 0.1 Beta. Who are the Republicans going to throw out there to beat this guy? Frankly, I don't see a single "name" that can beat him, unless McCain runs again and chooses a real VP candidate.

I can't see the Tea Party or any other third party coming up with a viable candidate, but a lot can change. That door isn't closed, it's just unlikely.

Was Obama, in early 2007, considered a likely winner? I believe that Clinton was still considered the favorite for the nomination at this point 4 years ago.

Honestly, the second Bush won in 2004 I figured Obama would win in 2008. Bush was just so ridiculous to even get in a second time that people would be so sick of Republicans and looking for a new direction, which was Obama. And When Obama won in 2008, I figured Romney would win in 2012. There's really nothing that Obama could have done to live up to the hype that was created around him. For the insane amount of conjecture that goes on basically non stop, it all seems very predictable. It's a goldmine for news channels though.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 113)

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:20 pm

Skin Blues wrote:
thedude wrote:
knapplc wrote:Also, I think people are on the right track that Obama is "beatable" in 2012. He failed to follow through on his "hopey/changey" (to quote Sarah Palin) stuff, his transparent government is a brick wall, Guantanamo is still open (and they're doing military tribunals), and overall the country is kinda blah. So he's not untouchable.

The problem is, who's going to beat him? It won't be Palin and/or Trump, because neither are going to run. It won't be Romney, because he was the architect of Obamacare 0.1 Beta. Who are the Republicans going to throw out there to beat this guy? Frankly, I don't see a single "name" that can beat him, unless McCain runs again and chooses a real VP candidate.

I can't see the Tea Party or any other third party coming up with a viable candidate, but a lot can change. That door isn't closed, it's just unlikely.

Was Obama, in early 2007, considered a likely winner? I believe that Clinton was still considered the favorite for the nomination at this point 4 years ago.

Honestly, the second Bush won in 2004 I figured Obama would win in 2008. Bush was just so ridiculous to even get in a second time that people would be so sick of Republicans and looking for a new direction, which was Obama. And When Obama won in 2008, I figured Romney would win in 2012. There's really nothing that Obama could have done to live up to the hype that was created around him. For the insane amount of conjecture that goes on basically non stop, it all seems very predictable. It's a goldmine for news channels though.

Romney would be my other pick right now. I was on the record on a radio program that I used to work for predicting Obama as the next president on July 27, 2004. I should have turned that into a career as a political prognosticator.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:05 pm

whatever happened to Bobby Jindal?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:50 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:whatever happened to Bobby Jindal?

Don't know, but I think Jindal is the Republicans' poster child to show that their base aren't racist and that he's their version of Obama. From what I understand, he's not quite as loony as Palin, but loony all the same.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:06 pm

He gave the official Republican response to Obama's 2009 State of the Union and it was so bad (and universally panned by pretty much everyone on both sides) that it essentially submarined his political career, at least in terms of running for President.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:54 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:

If I had to guess right now, I'd say Pawlenty, but I'm certainly not confident of that.

Michelle Bachmann is kinda stealing all of T-Paw's thunder..
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby pjalst » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:43 pm

Trump would serve the country better if he purchased the Mets ;-D
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 63)

Postby wrveres » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:41 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:whatever happened to Bobby Jindal?

Don't know, but I think Jindal is the Republicans' poster child to show that their base aren't racist and that he's their version of Obama. From what I understand, he's not quite as loony as Palin, but loony all the same.

I disagree with this statement.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk