Donald Trump for President? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Donald Trump for President?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Donald Trump for President?

Postby bigken117 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:33 pm

Neither Pailin nor Trump will get the nod, so it's a moot point. Also Trump isn't even an entrepreneur. It was his dad's company.

The roast of Trump was tremendous ;-D

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:48 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:i think you underestimate how much people don't like to admit they were wrong.

Who would be admitting what? Obamacare does zero to reduce the cost of health care and it is bankrupting the middle class in the process. So unless you mean Obama will come out and say he was wrong, then I have no idea who you are talking about.

The Artful Dodger wrote:
I won't go into the healthcare thing in depth because the US healthcare system being screwed is a bigger overall problem, one that's not necessarily in Obama or any other future president's complete grasp. I do think people should have mandated healthcare, but the reality is, Obama's bill doesn't quite fix or address the problem fully and I doubt any administration can fix it overnight. A universal healthcare program is much harder to implement and to scale in the States.

Anyhow, I doubt there's a Republican contender that appeals to anyone but their base to challenge Obama, unless one really comes across as more pragmatic than the usual conservative in the primaries.

I agree that the problem is big, but it can be fixed if done correctly. What Obama did is a joke though, it doesn't even begin to touch the problem.

GiantsFan14 wrote: Stupid two party system.

This I agree with. If people would quit voting for a party simply because of the party's name (like sheep) and start voting for the people that they think could/would do the best job, we would all be better off. I'm not saying voting 3rd party is the way to go all the time or anything, but voting for a Dem simply because he/she is a Dem (or voting Rep simply because he/she is a Rep) is stupid. Vote for the best person out of all of the candidates (or in some elections, the lesser of the evils).
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:36 pm

Madison wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:i think you underestimate how much people don't like to admit they were wrong.

Who would be admitting what? Obamacare does zero to reduce the cost of health care and it is bankrupting the middle class in the process. So unless you mean Obama will come out and say he was wrong, then I have no idea who you are talking about.

i'm saying the obama fanboys who thought he would bring all this amazing change and voted for him in the first place are not going to want to admit they were wrong. they'll fool themselves into thinking that bush left the country too screwed up and obama just needs more time.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby jfg » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:23 pm

A lot of Republicans and Tea Partiers are making a lot of moderates look back to the left. If you would have asked me 6 months ago, I would have said Obama would have gone down fighting in the next election. Now, I think he wins pretty easily. Republicans have ticked off a lot of people lately. People always love the ideals of conservatism until they are the ones affected by it and that's not saying that conservatism is a bad thing, just that most people are only conservative with other people's money and livelihoods.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby Madison » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:48 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:i'm saying the obama fanboys who thought he would bring all this amazing change and voted for him in the first place are not going to want to admit they were wrong. they'll fool themselves into thinking that bush left the country too screwed up and obama just needs more time.

Ah, very cool. :-) ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby thedude » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:51 pm

jfg wrote:A lot of Republicans and Tea Partiers are making a lot of moderates look back to the left.

Is 3 months time enough to change anybody's opinion?
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby jfg » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:05 am

Have you met American moderates?
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby Neato Torpedo » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:54 am

thedude wrote:
jfg wrote:A lot of Republicans and Tea Partiers are making a lot of moderates look back to the left.

Republicans and Tea Partiers are taking credit for the economic recovery in 3 month, so I guess anything's possible. Even giant ants in freakin' top hats dancing around because in this political universe it seems like there's room for all kinds of weird crap.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby wrveres » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:24 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:You mean like the Wall Street Journal and Washington Post?
the Wall Street Journal doesn't endorse candidates, and the Washington Post endorsed John Kerry in 2004, and Barrack Obama in 2008.

try again. :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby wrveres » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:26 am

thedude wrote:
Sure. McCain was leading in all the polls until the Wall Street collapse.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk