Donald Trump for President? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Donald Trump for President?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Donald Trump for President?

Postby knapplc » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:43 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:Trump is perhaps one of the most overrated entrepreneurs ever.

Not only that, but he's ugly as a rhino in person. I stood next to him ten years ago at the Pebble Beach Pro-Am, and the dude looked like hell back then. I can't imagine what this last decade has done to him under all that caked-on makeup.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:03 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
m16a wrote:Of course, it really is a moot point, since no one is dethroning Obama.

America has been independent for oh, 235 years, and they're still ruled by a king. Brilliant.

The only way Obama gets re-elected is if Palin runs, and that's not going to happen. Obama's days are numbered. His mandated health care sealed his fate the moment he signed the law. The poor can't afford the law and everyone else is watching their health insurance premiums go up 25+%. There is no way he wins another term.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:07 pm

Madison wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
m16a wrote:Of course, it really is a moot point, since no one is dethroning Obama.

America has been independent for oh, 235 years, and they're still ruled by a king. Brilliant.

The only way Obama gets re-elected is if Palin runs, and that's not going to happen. Obama's days are numbered. His mandated health care sealed his fate the moment he signed the law. The poor can't afford the law and everyone else is watching their health insurance premiums go up 25+%. There is no way he wins another term.

i think you underestimate how much people don't like to admit they were wrong.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:16 pm

Madison wrote:The only way Obama gets re-elected is if Palin runs, and that's not going to happen. Obama's days are numbered. His mandated health care sealed his fate the moment he signed the law. The poor can't afford the law and everyone else is watching their health insurance premiums go up 25+%. There is no way he wins another term.

And it's not like the economy has gotten much better, or unemployment has shot downward. Oh and there's that issue of still being at war. I didn't expect the person who replaced Bush Jr. to be a magic bullet, nor is an immediate turnaround realistic, but it's been a pretty lackluster few years.

The problem is, people get comfortable with the familiar. Without a strong candidate to oppose him, BO may well get another four years.
scottaa1
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:29 pm

Madison wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:

I won't go into the healthcare thing in depth because the US healthcare system being screwed is a bigger overall problem, one that's not necessarily in Obama or any other future president's complete grasp. I do think people should have mandated healthcare, but the reality is, Obama's bill doesn't quite fix or address the problem fully and I doubt any administration can fix it overnight. A universal healthcare program is much harder to implement and to scale in the States.

Anyhow, I doubt there's a Republican contender that appeals to anyone but their base to challenge Obama, unless one really comes across as more pragmatic than the usual conservative in the primaries.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 671)

Postby Skin Blues » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:13 pm

Mitt Romney will probably be the new POTUS. Unless somehow Palin gets in the way. She might win the nomination but there's no way in hell she gets elected. I wouldn't be all that surprised to see Obama re-elected depending how the next year unfolds. Bush did it in 2004 so I'm convinced anybody can do it.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 139)

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:38 pm

I don't know what I find more surprising, that people actually think Trump is a viable candidate, or that they think Palin is. If the Republicans want to take the White House back, they better convince someone that independents and swing voters will choose to run. Worst case scenario for Republicans is a third party ticket consisting of some combination of Palin/Bachman/Trump/Paul. That could easily syphon of 12-15 percent of the Tea Party/far right base, making Nader's impact on Gore seem like nothing.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:47 pm

Ron Paul would fix everything. Stupid two party system.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby bleach168 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:09 pm

According to Intrade, Obama's chances are 60% while Trump's is 6%.

Almost 1 to 1 if you think Obama wins.
Over 16 to 1 if you think Trump wins.
And 45 to 1 if you think Palin is going to win.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby RugbyD » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:18 pm

Skin Blues wrote:...Bush did it in 2004 so I'm convinced anybody can do it.

I don't think winning by default really qualifies as a victory. :-b

To this day I am shocked - SHOCKED - that the best they could come up with was Mr. Theresa Heinz.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk