Donald Trump for President? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Donald Trump for President?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Donald Trump for President?

Postby StlSluggers » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:44 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:There's a good chance he runs. There's absolutely zero chance he wins the Republican nomination. He's appearing everywhere that will have him right now spouting off about Obama's birth certificate, which is fine if he wants to win the "Birther" vote, which is a tiny segment of the population that includes almost no mainstream Republican politicians--and, really, no reasonable people with an ounce of sense. The whole "Birther" thing is the dumbest conspiracy theory since the "Truthers." They're opposite sides of the same coin. But yeah...he's got the ego to run, but has absolutely no chance of being nominated. That said, I hope he does become involved because he'll raise issues and say things (legitimate things, not birth certificate-related) that others won't simply because he's not a politician worried about reelection when his presidential bid fails.

The guy is my poster child for what is wrong with the right in politics right now. They simply believe all they need to do is take an extreme stance on a couple "conservative" issues and they're good. The mainstream is almost completely ignored by each party. The left's doesn't trust their mainstream base because it's fickle, but I really think the right believes their mainstream base is an albatross and not an asset.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby StlSluggers » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:46 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Donald Trump for president :-b You Americans are so silly.

He's gotta be more qualified than a professional wrestler or an actor, right?

Right?

:-o
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby jfg » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:34 am

StlSluggers wrote:The guy is my poster child for what is wrong with the right in politics right now. They simply believe all they need to do is take an extreme stance on a couple "conservative" issues and they're good. The mainstream is almost completely ignored by each party. The left's doesn't trust their mainstream base because it's fickle, but I really think the right believes their mainstream base is an albatross and not an asset.

It works though because a large number of voters still go to the polls based on one or two issues. To some extent, that is the mainstream. I can't believe that after a majority Republican house and senate during the Bush administration, people still vote on abortion issues alone. Same goes for those looking for equal rights that still vote Democrat. Both sides have their issues that they can keep in their pocket with no plans of ever changing them even when the opportunity is there. It's baffling to me that people can't see through that.

That said, Trump is going to have something else other than Obama's birth certificate to even get on ballots. First, he's the model of the guy that America hates right now. And while I think voters are usually idiots who fail to look at real issues and my faith in the human race is lower than ever, I'd be shocked to see it lowered by millions of people rallying around one president's origin of birth. That doesn't really solve any of our problems and I'd really hope that 95% of Americans agree with me so he doesn't get on the ballot.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:41 am

they should just put google in charge of the country, pretty sure they'd fix everything.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:48 pm

wrveres wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:You're right, clearly the media is only biased towards Dems. There are no media outlets like Fox that are skewed towards Republicans. None at all.

and all the others? ;-7

You mean like the Wall Street Journal and Washington Post?

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bleach168 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:09 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:they should just put google in charge of the country, pretty sure they'd fix everything.

Nah, make Google our national religion
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:31 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:they should just put google in charge of the country, pretty sure they'd fix everything.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby m16a » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 pm

While I don't think he'd make a good president, the fact is, he'd probably manage the monetary aspect well, but would be screwed if anything besides economic trouble came up. Of course, it really is a moot point, since no one is dethroning Obama. No way he loses the Democrat nom, and not a single Republican candidate will be able to take the election. Meh. :-°
m16a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterFootball Mod
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:12 pm

m16a wrote:While I don't think he'd make a good president, the fact is, he'd probably manage the monetary aspect well, but would be screwed if anything besides economic trouble came up. Of course, it really is a moot point, since no one is dethroning Obama. No way he loses the Democrat nom, and not a single Republican candidate will be able to take the election. Meh. :-°

The guy has filed for bankruptcy three different times.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:38 pm

m16a wrote:Of course, it really is a moot point, since no one is dethroning Obama.

America has been independent for oh, 235 years, and they're still ruled by a king. Brilliant.

...and h0rt is right on the money, Trump is perhaps one of the most overrated entrepreneurs ever.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk