Help with 1B (WHIR 100%) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Help with 1B (WHIR 100%)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help with 1B (WHIR 100%)

Postby TexArcher » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:56 am

Please note stats: R, H, 2B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, AVG

I'm in a very long-term keeper league and I'm stuck at 1B. I have Longoria and Zimmerman and intend to ship one of them in a deal to land a premium 1B, but obviously that has to wait at least three weeks now until Longo gets healthy.

In the meantime, I'm stuck with Carlos Lee at 1B.

Questions:

1) Anyone think Lee will have enough of a bounce back year to be worth playing at 1B all season? I really like the idea of having Longoria and Zimmerman for several more years and we use three UTIL slots.

2) The following are available as fill-ins for Lee's days off or possible full-time replacements if Lee stinks it up and I can't work out a trade: Michael Cuddyer, Derrek Lee, Adam LaRoche, Ike Davis, James Loney, Gaby Sanchez, Luke Scott, Kila Ka'aihue, Matt LaPorta. Like any of these guys more than the rest?

Thanks in advance and WHIR as always.
TexArcher
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help with 1B (WHIR 100%)

Postby geauxtigers777 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:01 am

Wow. I am in your situation without the killer 3B. I have dominant young starting pitching and am trying to move some of them. To let you know what I am doing, is I am starting Ike Davis and taking a flyer on Kila (hot spring). I also have freeman on my roster, but I have not been impressed so far (this is a dynasty league and trying to trade him; see other thread). I would keep an eye on LaRoche, and if he does for some reason get hot early (before all-star break) I would snatch him up, but otherwise, unless you can get a premium young 1B for one of your 3B, I would try to wait it out and maybe hit gold with a prospect. Please look at this http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=426510
geauxtigers777
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby hscsoph » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:38 pm

Thanks for helping with mine, if Lee doesn't produce the way you want I would definitely go with Ike Davis. he is young and has tons of upside which is starting to come to fruition this year. I would grab him soon before someone snags him, I see no reason to trade either Longo or Zimmerman unless someone blows you away with a deal for a stud 1B. The problem is most 1B that would equal Zimmerman and Longoria's quality are much older so you would be losing in a keeper format.

Good luck!
Montero MigCab Beckham Andrus Sandoval Lind J Upton Ellsbury Braun Markakis Willingham B Roberts B Anderson Ubaldo "no hit" Jimenez Nolasco F Cordero Rodney Morales Baker Matusz Lilly Marcum Scherzer Romero Porcello
hscsoph
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TexArcher » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:47 pm

That's what I was thinking re: Ike Davis. He had a great September last year, a good spring, and he's off to a good start.
TexArcher
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:58 pm

I would go with Ike Davis or Gaby Sanchez...both of whom I think will be better than Lee this season...Neither should be available.

help me?
viewtopic.php?t=426526
CubsFan4Life23
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 159)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions