Prado trade.... WHIR always - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Prado trade.... WHIR always

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Prado trade.... WHIR always

Postby MiggyT » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:43 am

Should I trade Tim Stauffer for Martin Prado - it was offered to me? Hard to compare pitching to batting, but this seems like a steal for me in terms of ADP, Prado is eligible at 2B/3B and Stauffer with an unproven strikeout rate may not be a mixed league asset when he's on the road. My pitching is already adequate; there is no innings limit however there is a moves limit to prevent streaming.

My roster:
C- Mauer
1B - Derrek Lee
2B - Brandon Phillips
3B - Mark Reynolds
SS- Starlin Castro
CI - Ike Davis
MI - Brian Roberts
OF (start 4)- CarGo, Ellsbury, Justin Upton, Andres Torres
Util - Manny Ramirez

SP - Doc Halladay, David Price, Haren, Greinke, Danks, Edwin Jackson, Javier Vazquez, Tim Stauffer, Kyle McClellan
RP - Soria, Axford, Lyon, Nathan

So you can see that my pitching is solid. Ideally I'd slot Prado at util and drop either Manny or Ike Davis (or even carry the extra bench bat).

My question ---- is Prado good enough for Stauffer or could I get even more for the San Diego pitcher???
MiggyT
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Prado trade.... WHIR always

Postby billycent » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:02 am

Absolutely take this deal... total steal for you. You have soo much good pitching and who the hell is Stauffer anyway...? You will survive w/out him... plenty of backend starters on the wire to replace him... ACCEPT! Thnx for the help on mine.
billycent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sinicalypse » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:00 am

While I'm far from the world's biggest Martin Prado fan, sure, why not? Tim Stauffer isn't high up on your totem pole of pitching... you have more than enough depth there, and gauging by your team it seems like this league is pretty deep so having a utility swingman in and around your team in case of any DL stints would be nice.

If you believe that last year wasn't a total mirage/flash-in-the-pan/brady-anderson-lite endeavor, then by all means go for it.... maybe stauffer has a decent year, but I can't really see this one coming back to bite you in ye olde arse.
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby MaudDib » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:16 am

billycent wrote:Absolutely take this deal... total steal for you. You have soo much good pitching and who the hell is Stauffer anyway...? You will survive w/out him... plenty of backend starters on the wire to replace him... ACCEPT! Thnx for the help on mine.

Have to agree. This is pretty much a steal. Prado is a good player who also has multiple position eligibility which is always nice to have.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 281)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions