Charitable Fund for the Guy Beaten at the Dodgers Game - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Charitable Fund for the Guy Beaten at the Dodgers Game

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Charitable Fund for the Guy Beaten at the Dodgers Game

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:35 pm

He is apparently still in a coma. :-/

http://support4stow.blogspot.com/

Donate to Bryan Stow by going to any bank listed at http://www.CUSWIRL.com and donate to account number 118881 at CommonWealth Central Credit Union.

You can also donate directly to the Stow Family Authorized Fund by using the account #1377733 at the SF Police Credit Union. (http://www.sfpcu.org)
Here is a news article about the account: http://www.sfpcu.org/newsArticle.aspx?id=1579

Or mail a check to:

SF Police Credit Union
c/o San Mateo Branch
1495 S. El Camino Real
San Mateo, CA 94402
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: Charitable Fund for the Guy Beaten at the Dodgers Game

Postby Metroid » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:14 pm

Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:47 pm

the city of LA added another $50k so the reward is $100k now.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 428)

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:05 pm

(AP)—A San Francisco Giants fan who was beaten at Dodger Stadium after last week’s opening game shows signs of brain damage and remains in critical condition, a doctor said Tuesday.
At one point, doctors had to remove the entire left side of his skull to ease pressure on his brain. The pressure is now normal but Stow remains in a coma from his injuries and from sedation to reduce his brain activity, Zada said.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:23 am

i just hope this doesn't turn into some sort of war with giants fans feeling the need to retaliate. can't people just enjoy the freaking game without hating on each other so much?
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 428)

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:08 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:i just hope this doesn't turn into some sort of war with giants fans feeling the need to retaliate. can't people just enjoy the freaking game without hating on each other so much?

This obviously had nothing to do with baseball/baseball fans. this was just a couple retarded thugs looking for an excuse to do retarded thuggish stuff.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby wrveres » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:46 am

lastingsgriller wrote:this was just a couple retarded thugs looking for an excuse to do retarded thuggish stuff.

commonly known as ... dodger fan.

have you ever been to chavez ravine? i don't think i have ever been there without being witness to some incident. You never feel safe there, never. Even when you are sitting in your seat there is some jackass trying to pick a fight with you. The thugs will be here this weekend, and i guarantee you there will be fights.

is it all dodger fans, no of course not, but there is a growing community of thugs that call them selves fans, and they wear dodger blue. :-t
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 702)

Postby bigken117 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:03 am

wrveres wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:this was just a couple retarded thugs looking for an excuse to do retarded thuggish stuff.

have you ever been to chavez ravine? i don't think i have ever been there without being witness to some incident. You never feel safe there, never. Even when you are sitting in your seat there is some jackass trying to pick a fight with you. The thugs will be here this weekend, and i guarantee you there will be fights.

is it all dodger fans, no of course not, but there is a growing community of thugs that call them selves fans, and they wear dodger blue. :-t

Every fan base has that group who drinks too much and gets some liquid strength in them. The Sox TV guys were talking about some Ranger fans who were talking them down after opening day.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:25 pm

wrveres wrote:

A few of those Dodger fans are Laker fans. Just sayin'.

Aside from last year, I go to my fair share of Dodger games each season, sat almost everywhere except the dugout club behind homeplate (I'll do that some other time without giving money to McCourt(s)). Sometimes, I see isolated incidents and even a fight amongst Dodger fans every now and then. Most of those fans who go around picking fights behind the bleachers, as Lastings said, are no-good thugs. Sure, there are drunken fans who yell profanities every now and then, but outside of a few, are harmless for the most part. That's typical of most games, most fans, and other ballparks too. Even the overly family friendly Disney-toned Big A has its drunken idiots.

I will say that the McCourts should do something about security, but all they care about is the bottom line and reducing the debt with which they bought the team. That means hiring more security, more ushers to ensure the traffic situation coming in/out of the stadium improves, and installing more lighting outside of the stadium. They are partially to blame, not just for this incident, but also for other incidents that have occurred in the past.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby DbacksRback » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:53 pm

Found this crazy. When discussing what happened this came up:
Matthew Lee, one of the men with Stow who was also attacked, was going to be a witness but died over the weekend from an allergic reaction after eating a peanut, police commander Andy Smith said.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/stor ... bryan-stow

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Next

Return to General Talk