Thornton for Broxton - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Thornton for Broxton

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Thornton for Broxton

Postby Skimo77 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:31 pm

So i just got offered an interesting trade in my 12 team 5x5 keeper league, i give up Thornton and recieve Broxton. I know Broxton has had his troubles but obviously has the upside... what do you guys think? My only other for sure closer on my roster currently is Neftali Feliz...
Skimo77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 536
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Thornton for Broxton

Postby storm_brewing » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:17 am

Do it. Thornton isn't even guaranteed saves this year. Broxton, even at his worse, will be better than Thornton, and Broxton still has a ton of upside. I don't know if you'd be keeping Broxton or not but he's also much younger. It's a good deal regardless.

viewtopic.php?t=426372
storm_brewing
T-Ball Trainer


Posts: 4
Joined: 5 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Thornton for Broxton

Postby Rampage23 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:20 am

storm_brewing wrote:Do it. Thornton isn't even guaranteed saves this year. Broxton, even at his worse, will be better than Thornton, and Broxton still has a ton of upside. I don't know if you'd be keeping Broxton or not but he's also much younger. It's a good deal regardless.

viewtopic.php?t=426372

Are either really guaranteed saves? I mean they both have started the season as "closer" but with Sale behind Thornton and Kuo behind Broxton (not to mention his demotion last year) they both are on a fairly hot seat.
Rampage23
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 54
Joined: 3 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Thornton for Broxton

Postby storm_brewing » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:42 am

Rampage23 wrote:
storm_brewing wrote:Do it. Thornton isn't even guaranteed saves this year. Broxton, even at his worse, will be better than Thornton, and Broxton still has a ton of upside. I don't know if you'd be keeping Broxton or not but he's also much younger. It's a good deal regardless.

viewtopic.php?t=426372

Are either really guaranteed saves? I mean they both have started the season as "closer" but with Sale behind Thornton and Kuo behind Broxton (not to mention his demotion last year) they both are on a fairly hot seat.


Broxton has Mattingly's full support, but I don't think you can say that about Thornton and Guillen. Kuo is very good but he's not getting the job barring a huge fucking meltdown. You have to take risks to win in fantasy baseball, and I wouldn't even consider this that big of one. Plus it's a great time to buy Broxton right now. A week or two from now when he's had a couple dominant saves, and Thornton has been ok or at the worse not even gotten saves, this deal doesn't get made. Thornton is 34 years old with 17 career saves. Come on.
storm_brewing
T-Ball Trainer


Posts: 4
Joined: 5 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Thornton for Broxton

Postby Skimo77 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:12 am

Thanks guys, I'm leaning towards making the deal, just worried that Broxton is gonna fall apart... he's been iffy so far giving up 2 solo hr's already, but has 3 saves... anyone else have an argument either way?
Skimo77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 536
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Thornton for Broxton

Postby Skimo77 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:21 am

I think i'm about to pull the trigger because i think Sale will be splitting saves with Thornton by mid-season... just would love another opinion before i do so...
Skimo77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 536
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Thornton for Broxton

Postby Skimo77 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:50 pm

Sorry i gotta bump it again... any suggestions?
Skimo77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 536
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Thornton for Broxton

Postby mkultra » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:01 pm

Skimo77 wrote:any suggestions?


Yeah, stop spamming the thread. People here are unilaterally telling you to take the deal. Either take that advice or don't.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1339
(Past Year: 41)
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: Thornton for Broxton

Postby Skimo77 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:32 pm

mkultra wrote:
Skimo77 wrote:any suggestions?


Yeah, stop spamming the thread. People here are unilaterally telling you to take the deal. Either take that advice or don't.


haha wow, thank you for your comprehensive response that was completely necessary. I had two people respond, one was for it, one was somewhat skeptical so i was hoping someone else would give me a suggestion. I respond to countless threads on this for people, but have never blasted someone for it when all they are asking for is help.

Thanks for the other two guys though, i appreciate it! Still unsure of the deal though, but i won't "spam the thread" anymore then...
Skimo77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 536
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Thornton for Broxton

Postby footballisbetter.com » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:45 pm

mkultra wrote:
Skimo77 wrote:any suggestions?


Yeah, stop spamming the thread. People here are unilaterally telling you to take the deal. Either take that advice or don't.


He only had 1 person tell him to do the deal. Nothing too unilateral there.

But I don't think I would do the deal. I like Thornton better then Broxton. Either could lose their job at some point but Thornton seems safer. Broxton has already given up 2 home runs.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2557
(Past Year: 92)
Joined: 4 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Manny-Phesto and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact