Waivers: Fausto Carmona vs Jeff Niemann (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Waivers: Fausto Carmona vs Jeff Niemann (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Waivers: Fausto Carmona vs Jeff Niemann (WHIR)

Postby Bombsy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:01 am

5 x 5 Yahoo Auction Keeper League. I have a pretty stellar team in regards to my offense, but I'm looking at the waiver wire already with pitching with Brandon Morrow on the DL. I picked up Niemann (very deep rosters), then another manager dropped Carmona after he got lit up in his first game.

Is it as much of a no-brainer to make this move and pay a few bucks to do it as I think it is? Grab Carmona for $5 and drop Niemann?

Cheers, WHIR
Bombsy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Waivers: Fausto Carmona vs Jeff Niemann (WHIR)

Postby k.k. » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:12 am

I'd keep Niemann and pass on Carmona. People forget that Niemann had a stellar first half of the season last year. His numbers were similar to Cain's. If he's back from injury properly, he should be a good addition to any fantasy team's rotation. Carmona, not so much. You could do worse though.
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Bombsy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:25 am

Hey thanks KK. I actually pulled a different move in the end and dropped Niemann and picked up Sean Burnett. Getting a 3rd closer (albeit possibly temporary) to go along with K-Rod and Nunez while Frank Francisco is on the DL made more sense in the short term for me.

Love fantasy baseball. Studying these forums helped me draft a pretty decent squad.
Bombsy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby k.k. » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:46 am

Bombsy wrote:Hey thanks KK. I actually pulled a different move in the end and dropped Niemann and picked up Sean Burnett. Getting a 3rd closer (albeit possibly temporary) to go along with K-Rod and Nunez while Frank Francisco is on the DL made more sense in the short term for me.

Love fantasy baseball. Studying these forums helped me draft a pretty decent squad.

I've been a fantasy baseball mainstay for some years now, but these forums have been very handy and helpful indeed. It's fun chatting about the various moves we all ponder over and over. Just a note, keep a close eye on L.Nunez. If he falters, and there is that concern, Hensley will be the speculative pickup there to land the closers job.
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 7)

Return to Who to Start/Bench