Teixeira for CarGo Trade WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Teixeira for CarGo Trade WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Teixeira for CarGo Trade WHIR

Postby bobnerns » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:05 am

I drafted Teixeira 20th overall in my 14-team league. The team who drafted Carlos Gonzalez at 11 (and A Rod at 18) is a huge Yankees fan. He has told me he'd accept a CarGo for Mark Teixeira trade. Should I do it?

My hesitations are that Teixeira is traditionally a very slow starter, but has already been off to an amazing pace this year with 2 HRs and 6 RBIs in 2 games. Obviously he won't keep up that pace, but if he can avoid an awful first half, Teixeira has the potential to put up monster numbers.

Also, if I got rid of Teixeira, I'd be playing Paul Konerko at 1B and Michael Cuddyer at 1B/3B.

Leave your link.
bobnerns
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Teixeira for CarGo Trade WHIR

Postby Jungy69 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:13 am

A few questions who are your replacement OF's and is this league H2H or roto? Without all the info In terms of pure value I like Cargo more personally. Its close however.

Post the info missing and help with mine when you have a sec. ;-D
viewtopic.php?t=426195
Isnt my avatar just the cutest? ^-^
Jungy69
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Kafka » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:11 pm

Jungy69 wrote:A few questions who are your replacement OF's and is this league H2H or roto? Without all the info In terms of pure value I like Cargo more personally. Its close however.

Some say CarGo is the new deal other say CarGo is overvalued - I'm with Team Jacob and say CarGo is overvalued and Teix is the player with the most value of these two.

So I would stay with Teix and try to trade Konerko (name value!)
It would be nice to know what you did with our advice - so please write a short reply
Kafka
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Fpower » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:43 pm

In a vacuum I have them rated very equal, but it depends on what you need. Cargo obviously brings some SBs, while Tex has more power. Cargo can play in the outfield, and it sounds like he might be helpful balancing your lineup.

It sounds like you're asking if Tex's fast start is an indicator that he's going to have a ridiculous year. No one knows for sure, but people normally advise not to get too worked up over the first week or two of the season.
Fpower
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bobnerns » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:09 pm

Jungy69 wrote:A few questions who are your replacement OF's and is this league H2H or roto? Without all the info In terms of pure value I like Cargo more personally. Its close however.

My OF is Ryan Braun, Adam Jones, Michael Cuddyer, Coco Crisp, Jose Tabata, Marlon Byrd, Logan Morrison and Julio Borbon. We start 5 OF and 1 UTIL. The league is H2H most categories (5x5).

Cuddyer has 1B eligibility. Also, I will be getting Adam Lind from waivers in less than two weeks. Our league manager accidently removed DHs from our player world and no one noticed until during the draft when it was too late to add them in. So once Lind gets 1B eligibility, I will be able to claim him (#1 in waiver order, will drop Borbon).
bobnerns
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 11)

Postby pre1322 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:35 pm

Fpower wrote:In a vacuum I have them rated very equal, but it depends on what you need. Cargo obviously brings some SBs, while Tex has more power. Cargo can play in the outfield, and it sounds like he might be helpful balancing your lineup.

It sounds like you're asking if Tex's fast start is an indicator that he's going to have a ridiculous year. No one knows for sure, but people normally advise not to get too worked up over the first week or two of the season.

This...I also think they are both going to generate similar value to each other this year. I'm not a CarGo believer, but even with some regression, he's still at least a near-elite 5 category contributor. It sounds like your positional situation is going to be similar no matter what you do, so if you need a little boost in the speed categories go CarGo...if not stay with Tex. If it were me, I would likely be staying Tex just for the track record.

Mine? viewtopic.php?t=426258
pre1322
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Kafka » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:18 am

pre1322 wrote:
Fpower wrote:In a vacuum I have them rated very equal, but it depends on what you need. Cargo obviously brings some SBs, while Tex has more power. Cargo can play in the outfield, and it sounds like he might be helpful balancing your lineup.

This...I also think they are both going to generate similar value to each other this year. I'm not a CarGo believer, but even with some regression, he's still at least a near-elite 5 category contributor. It sounds like your positional situation is going to be similar no matter what you do, so if you need a little boost in the speed categories go CarGo...if not stay with Tex. If it were me, I would likely be staying Tex just for the track record.

;-D
It would be nice to know what you did with our advice - so please write a short reply
Kafka
College Coach
College Coach

Postby lyons595 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:35 am

Get CarGo!
OF power is pretty tough to find this year, not to mention find in a guy who will also be at .300/100/30/100/20. You have more-than-viable 1B options, especially with Lind. Pounce on Teix's hot start.

help: viewtopic.php?t=426305
lyons595
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 145)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions