mlb at bat app - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

mlb at bat app

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

mlb at bat app

Postby free » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:58 am

It looks like you get one live "video" game per day w/ this app. Does anyone know if you can select which game you would like to see or is it just one in general that everyone gets? thx ;-D
Member #3 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club
free
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: mlb at bat app

Postby MaudDib » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:03 pm

I don't know for sure but I had this app last year and I am betting you get to choose which game you want. Have to say, I didn't really care for the app that much especially for what it cost.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby mkultra » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:21 pm

You don't get to choose the game. Basically, it's a teaser for MLB.tv subscriptions. If you subscribe, you get all games (excl. blackouts).
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby Skin Blues » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:32 pm

When do we find out what game is the free one? Right now it seems none have that [F] next to them like they did in spring training.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 139)

Postby Skin Blues » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:52 pm

Free MLB.tv for the month of April. Sweet! Quality of the Reds/Brewers game is pretty good. Much better than msot of the spring training games which had major cropping issues.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 139)

Postby KCollins1304 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:46 pm

Seems pretty dumb that you have to pay $15 for this app so you can watch games you're already paying $100 for through mlbtv.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:27 am

KCollins1304 wrote:Seems pretty dumb that you have to pay $15 for this app so you can watch games you're already paying $100 for through mlbtv.

Bumping this up rather than starting a new thread.

Seems that they are now including MLB.com At Bat 12 "free" with MLB.tv Premium. I have no interest in paying $124.99 for a premium account but I just got an iPad and hope to have an iPhone in 2 months. Is the At Bat service worth it? It's "only" $15 but I would rather just keep it if it's not worth it. If I do get it and get an iPhone in a few months, is it as simple as just downloading the app on my phone, logging in, and getting the service on my phone as well?

Any thoughts are appreciated. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:33 am

Lofunzo wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:Seems pretty dumb that you have to pay $15 for this app so you can watch games you're already paying $100 for through mlbtv.

Bumping this up rather than starting a new thread.

Seems that they are now including MLB.com At Bat 12 "free" with MLB.tv Premium. I have no interest in paying $124.99 for a premium account but I just got an iPad and hope to have an iPhone in 2 months. Is the At Bat service worth it? It's "only" $15 but I would rather just keep it if it's not worth it. If I do get it and get an iPhone in a few months, is it as simple as just downloading the app on my phone, logging in, and getting the service on my phone as well?

Any thoughts are appreciated. ;-D

The app is universal to all devices on the account. If you get it on your iPad, you also get it on your iPhone. For android users, you can buy it in the Amazon marketplace and get it on all of your android devices by just paying once. I'm on my phone a lot so I think it's easily worth it for the free audio, and if you have mlb.tv (which i do), it's a no brainer. I guess it just depends on how much you'd use it, but for $15 I think it's an easy buy.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby Coppernob » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:56 pm

For me the app is a no brainer. Yes it costs $15 but this year it is universal (both ipad and iphone versions for the same one-off payment).
What makes it a no brainier is not the tv but the fact that the radio broadcast is included for the whole year, meaning that if you are not close to a radio you can listen to the broadcast with no local blackout.
Coppernob
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby bleach168 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:46 pm

They changed it this year. If you are a subscriber, you can get the MLB At Bat "Lite" app which is free and once you sign in, you can watch all the games.

*At least on Android.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Return to Baseball Leftovers