Please Review - 12 Team League *WHIR* - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please Review - 12 Team League *WHIR*

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please Review - 12 Team League *WHIR*

Postby northjersey78 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:35 am

12 teams, points based rotiserrie league. I had the # 4 pick.

C – Matt Wieters
1B – Buster Posey
2B – Dustin Pedroia
SS – Mike Aviles
3B – Jose Bautista
CI – Michael Cuddyer
MI – Ryan Raburn
OF – Carlos Gonzalez
OF – Brett Gardner
OF – Magglio Ordonez
OF – Nick Markakis
UT – Omar Infante
BN – Matt LaPorta
BN – Dexter Fowlers
BN – Jake Fox
BN – Freddie Sanchez
BN – Bryce Harper

P – Felix Hernandez
P – Phil Hughes
P – Jamie Garcia
P – Mariano Rivera
P – Heath Bell
P – James Shields
P – Jorge De La Rosa
P – AJ Burnett
P – Ivan Nova
BN – Rafael Soriano
BN – Rick Porcello

Comments? Feedback?

WHIR
http://www.newyorksportstown.com

Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets, Rangers, Devils, Isanders, Knicks, Nets, Rutgers
northjersey78
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Please Review - 12 Team League *WHIR*

Postby goldy5000 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:15 am

good team sorry I can not be more help I just started following baseball again after three years off and I am new to fantasy :-o please help me viewtopic.php?t=425939
Born in Seattle
goldy5000 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Lsquad » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:35 am

There are some elements of your team that I really like, but a couple things that give me pause. I don't think Posey makes sense at 1st. You paid a catcher premium for him, and his bat plays better there. I'd much rather have a big bat like Morneau of Konerko there, guys you can get later. I'd shop Posey to see if you can't trade in his value as a catcher for a better first baseman. If your a Bautista believer than this is a good offense. Your pitching is ok, but not a world beater.

If this isn't a keeper league, then drop Harper, he probably won't see any time this year other than of a cup of coffee is september. Actually, I'd drop most of your bench hitters for speculative pitchers. If you find a surpise quality starter, it could really help your team, far more than a hitter who will sit most days. Good luck.

Check out mine: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=424792
Thanks.
Lsquad
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Irish Drunk » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:45 am

I think its a nice squad. Not sure if I'd be happy with Posey starting at 1B however.

What I really like is that you handcuffed Rivera with Soriano. I don't know why more Rivera owners haven't done so, it's a no brainer. I think you may be susceptible at SP because after King Felix it drops off significantly. Also, as much as I think the Yankees are a great team I'm not sure I'd want 3 of their starters. I think a key for your pitching is if Shields returns to past form.

Having two dominant closers like Rivera and Bell must feel assuring. Too many of the rosters I have seen here have serious ? marks at RP.
Irish Drunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 160)

Postby northjersey78 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:22 pm

Irish Drunk wrote:I think its a nice squad. Not sure if I'd be happy with Posey starting at 1B however.

What I really like is that you handcuffed Rivera with Soriano. I don't know why more Rivera owners haven't done so, it's a no brainer. I think you may be susceptible at SP because after King Felix it drops off significantly. Also, as much as I think the Yankees are a great team I'm not sure I'd want 3 of their starters. I think a key for your pitching is if Shields returns to past form.

Having two dominant closers like Rivera and Bell must feel assuring. Too many of the rosters I have seen here have serious ? marks at RP.

Yeah, I had Posey as my catcher, but picked up Wieters late. Not a big deal - I can always slide Cuddyer over or if LaPorta or Jake Fox take off they can be slotted in there.

I do think my starting pitching does show a drop-off after Felix, so I have to hope some of those mid-level guys contribute more than they should. By the time I got to picking Burnett and Nova it was basically a spread of 20 other guys with the same stuff, so I figured why not take a few hometown players.

Soriano could even contribute to Ks, WHIp and ERA in a pinch even if he is only the 8th inning guy - he'll get a lot of chances.
http://www.newyorksportstown.com

Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets, Rangers, Devils, Isanders, Knicks, Nets, Rutgers
northjersey78
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby mzkp54 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:51 pm

I mostly agree with the above sentiments. I think you should consider moving Posey for a pitcher if you feel comfortable with Wieters. I think he could net you good value and you could improve that second pitcher spot. You also might want to move for an upgrade at 1b, but I like alot of the pieces that you have here. I agree that unless its a keeper league you should drop bryce harper. overall 7.5/10, mostly because of the pitching
mzkp54
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jpbusta » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:39 pm

Agree with pretty much what the guys said above. Posey's too valuable to be playing at 1st. I would also try to shop cheap 1st base(Konerko, Morneau) + @ for posey. Other than that, both the pitching and hitting look solid. :-)

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=425966
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sanjgrass87 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:02 pm

like the team, have all batters with upside, like the weiters and posey combo! hopefully cargo goes off again this year. pitching could use some help but i think you will do well in your league.. keep an eye on the WW and maybe try to get a trade for a decent pitcher like a cain, carpenter, marcum or bucholz.. good luck man. if you could rate my team above that would be great.. Sanjgrass87 thanks.!!!
Sanjgrass87
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team