Do you like owning the same player(s) in multiple leagues? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Do you like owning the same player(s) in multiple leagues?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Do you like owning the same player(s) in multiple leagues?

Postby northjersey78 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:59 am

I have 2 money leagues I play in every year - 10 team H2H keeper and 12 team rotisserrie non-keeper.

Do any of you see advnatages/ disadvantages to owning the same pler(s) on multiple teams? I targeted Tulo and CarGo in both leagues because I think they will both have monster years and Colorado will be very good. CarGo went # 3 in my first league and I took Tulo # 4. I have a feeling either will be available when I pick @ # 4 in my 12 team team toight. Should I target Tulo again and have him in both leagues or go for CarGo to hedge my bets?
http://www.newyorksportstown.com

Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets, Rangers, Devils, Isanders, Knicks, Nets, Rutgers
northjersey78
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Do you like owning the same player(s) in multiple league

Postby nomar88423 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:35 am

Completely different leagues so choosing different players really isn't hedging your bet IMO. I play in 3 leagues and would never make a decision in one league based on information pertaining to my roster in another league. That just doesn't make sense. Take the player you like better. (In my opinion that would be Tulo.)
nomar88423
College Coach
College Coach

Postby nomar88423 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:48 am

Completely different leagues so choosing different players really isn't hedging your bet IMO. I play in 3 leagues and would never make a decision in one league based on information pertaining to my roster in another league. That just doesn't make sense. Take the player you like better. (In my opinion that would be Tulo.)
nomar88423
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kab21 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:25 am

I don't like owning the same players in different leagues. Or at least not too many of them. Because when a couple of them go south then all of your teams suffer and it's not fun if you do bad in all of your leagues. But you always end up liking some players more than others and get them on multiple teams.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)

Postby Montana168 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:29 am

There are arguements for and against this line of thinking. Personally, I don't mind having the same players in multiple leagues. In fact, I have a lot of the same players in each league this year, and a handful of guys on each of my 5 teams. When your drafting, I dont think you can really consider this. Its about drafting the players you like the most, and the guys that you can root for and would enjoy looking at them and following them for 162 games in your lineup. Ultimately its about winning, and if you like a value of a certain guy, then owning him in every league is not bad thing.

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=425763
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions