Rate my 2011 team and I will return the favor!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my 2011 team and I will return the favor!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my 2011 team and I will return the favor!!

Postby JohnnnyD » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:31 pm

Hey guys,
I don't know how I feel after my draft last night. The league is a standard 5x5 H2H, 12 team league. We are slowly making the move to being a dynasty league and were able to KEEP ONLY 2 players from last year. Next year I think we will be increasing it to 4 keepers.

Anyways, let me know what you think about my team. At first glance, I feel like I might have too much speed. My Keepers from last season are indicated by a red K.

Give me a rating, make a suggestion, and dont forget to leave a link. Thanks in advance.

C Matt Wieters
1B Joey VottoK
2B Ian Kinsler
3B David WrightK
SS Jimmy Rollins
OF Matt Kemp
OF Shane Victorino
OF Nick Markakis
UTIL Nick Swisher

P Daniel Hudson
P Brandon Morrow
P Phil Hughes
SP Cole Hamels
SP Max Scherzer
RP Francisco Rodriguez
RP Brandon League
Bench Josh Beckett
Bench Javier Vazquez
Bench Ervin Santana
Bench Bronson Arroyo
Bench Derek Holland
JohnnnyD Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my 2011 team and I will return the favor!!

Postby JohnnnyD » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:33 pm

bump, WHIR
JohnnnyD Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby livinginarizona » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:40 pm

Not a fan of Swisher, I guess that's personal history, I always get burned by him.
Plus, he's gonna get moved down in the lineup with Gardner probably getting a bump up to 1st or 2nd in lineup. Swisher's injuries concern me, and I'm sure there are better options out there than Swisher.

As far as keepers go, I'd go with Wieters and Kinsler next year when you go to 4 keepers.
I'm not really sure what to expect with Markakis, he might be a better option in the UTIL spot.
I'd look to find a smashing OF to replace Swisher and moving Markakis to the UTIL spot.

Relief-wise, not really sure what you can expect from FRod this year, I expect the Mets to be a .500 team and can see him getting traded elsewhere at the trade deadline.

I think you will finish top 1/3rd of your league with powerhouses Wright and Votto.
help with mine please? viewtopic.php?t=425706
livinginarizona Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby JTR9013 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:44 pm

Hey thanks again for the advice with my team, as far as your keepers go , Votto and Wright have always been good. It's too early in the year to determine who your keepers for next year will be, a lot could happen between now and then. Who are your bench players??? I know you have Nick Swisher but I was curious about your depth at OF just because all of those guys are just a little above average to me. For a 12-team league you are looking really nice though.
Seems like you drafted all of your pitching late. Not a problem, exactly how I fill my pitching. As much as I hate NYY Hughes is good for 15+ wins, (I got him on my team that you rated). See if Joel Hanrahan is on waivers, he is battling for the Pirates closer position and is likely to get it. He will do good at filling the SVs category. Keep an eye on waivers early in the season as that is when you can turn your pitching around. John Lackey may be a good pickup this year to fill the Wins category..... (remember when he was a top 5 pitcher????, hes on a better team now then he was then)
Looking to make any moves before the season starts??? I think your in pretty good shape other than what I mentioned.... I would like to see your bench players to make sure you have more depth at OF and another C (expecting a big year from wieters but always better safe than sorry)

In my league you posted I threw in Michael Young for Derek Jeter on top of me receiving Longoria and McCutchen.... IDK who I should drop so help with that would be appreciated..

I also drafted a second league (this ones for money) last night so any help with that would be appreciated also!!!! Good luck - Jeff
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=425796
JTR9013
T-Ball Trainer

Postby JohnnnyD » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:07 pm

bump, WHIR
JohnnnyD Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thesticks23 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:36 pm

JohnnnyD wrote:C Matt Wieters
1B Joey VottoK
2B Ian Kinsler
3B David WrightK
SS Jimmy Rollins
OF Matt Kemp
OF Shane Victorino
OF Nick Markakis
UTIL Nick Swisher

P Daniel Hudson
P Brandon Morrow
P Phil Hughes
SP Cole Hamels
SP Max Scherzer
RP Francisco Rodriguez
RP Brandon League
Bench Josh Beckett
Bench Javier Vazquez
Bench Ervin Santana
Bench Bronson Arroyo
Bench Derek Holland

For a 12 team league this team looks pretty good, I think your pitching will be alot better then how others have percieved it. Hamels, scherzer i think will be studs this year. Morrow has a very good chance to brea out and his K ratio is awesome. Also Javy vazquez back in the NL will improve his last few years quite a bit, plus i heard his new pitching coach changed his form a bit and he is throwing harder and faster.

as for your outfield.. I think Kemp will be on of the elites this year, stealing 25+ bases with the new management they have now. mattingly is not going to dog kemp like torre did. Markakis is due for a big year, especially with guys like luke scott, vlad and reynolds behind him. i am not a fan of victorino or swisher this year because they will both be batting at the bottom of the order unless things change. The rest of the players look good to, i dont like the saves category and tend to just use 1 closer and then fill in the extra RP with a starter that has that option, like helickson, or javy vazquez, or the new guy teahahan on atlante.. i splet that wrong but something like that.

overall i think you drafted well, barring injuries to your position players i think this team is a playoff team. If anything to improve, maybe try and deal one of your lesser pitchers and swisher or victorino for more of a solid outfielder.

viewtopic.php?t=425774
thesticks23
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 10)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team