Picking in 7, 254 - Tabata, Morrison, D. Lee, Figgins - WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Picking in 7, 254 - Tabata, Morrison, D. Lee, Figgins - WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Picking in 7, 254 - Tabata, Morrison, D. Lee, Figgins - WHIR

Postby plapre3 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:21 pm

We are in the midst of our slow draft and I'm not sure where to go with this. . Please rank the following players, going at least 8 deep since have 7 picks until it's my turn. Everything out there is

I'd really like to add some upside/ youth to my team, so I'm thinking of going with Morrison or Tabata if they fall to me. In an OPS league, Morrison is helped by a high OBP, whereas Tabata is hurt. I also have UTIL kinda open as Raburn is a bit of a question mark, so I could go with whom I consider the best overall bat, Derek Lee. Beltran is interesting as a nice upside pick, but I'm not sure he really has knees anymore. With underwhelming options available, I'm willing to reach, so let me know if anyone seems interesting. Of course, I could always take Fuentes to pair with bailey, but I hate to draft a player with crappy skills until the very last rounds.

My team thus far:
- Geovanny Soto, Prince Fielder, Ian Kinsler, Hanley Ramirez, Kevin Youkilis, Shin Soo Choo, Shane Victorino, Torii Hunter, Ryan Raburn, Brandon Belt

- Roy Halladay, Jon Lester, Jered Weaver, Ted Lilly, Hiroki Kuroda, Matt Thornton, Chris Sale, Andrew Bailey

Available:
Non-OF Hitters: Derek Lee, Chone Figgins, David Freese, Chase Headley, Scott Rolen, Brett Morel, Alcides Escobar, Luke Scott, James Loney, Russell Branyan,

OF: Jose Tabata, Logan Morrison, Chris Coghlan, Dexter Fowler, Jason Kubel, Marlon Byrd, Garret Jones, Alfonso Soriano, Hideki Matsui, Tyler Colvin, Matt Joyce,

SP: Bronson Arroyo,Clayton Richards, Derek Holland, Jeff Niemann, Rick Porcello, Jason Hammel, Homer Bailey, Carlos Carrasco, Justin Masterson, Phil Coke, Alexi Ogando, Mike Leake, Simon Castro, Jason Vargas, Aaron Harang

RP: David Aardsma, Brian Fuentes (pair with Bailey?), Matt Capps, Hong Chih Kuo, Kevin Gregg, Kenley Jansen, Even Meek, Raphael Soriano, Ryan Madson, Luke Gregerson, Mike Adams, Tyler Clippard
--------------------------------------------------
6x6 weekly HtH 14 team roto keeper (bet. 5 and 10 keepers losing a draft pick for each after 5)

Offensive Categories:
BA, OPS, RBI, HR, SB and Runs Scored.
C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, UTIL
Pitching Categories:
W-L, S, ERA, K/IP, Quality Starts and WHIP
5 SP and 3 RP
----------------------------------------------------
plapre3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Picking in 7, 254 - Tabata, Morrison, D. Lee, Figgins -

Postby Irish Drunk » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:32 pm

L. Morrison OF
J. Tabata OF
R. Soriano RP (can contribute wins/saves/K-IP)
C. Figgins 2B
J. Niemann SP
C. Richard SP
D. Fowler OF
M. Byrd OF

I avoided Derek Lee because he's aging rapidly and you don't need 1B that much with Fielder and Youk.
Irish Drunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 160)

Re: Picking in 7, 254 - Tabata, Morrison, D. Lee, Figgins -

Postby plapre3 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:30 pm

I'm on the clock... the only player picked was Clayton Richard.

Leaning Morrison, but still not sure. Ugh. Need help please! I whir'd a good deal...
plapre3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions